Subject: x2goclient is no longer installable from x2go repo

From: denisgolovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2024 20:46:39 +0300

Package: x2goclient
Version: 4.1.2.4-0x2go1~git20240104.2073+10.heuler.1

Trying to install x2goclient from nightly repo (see below): 

# X2Go Repository (nightly builds)
deb http://packages.x2go.org/debian buster extras heuler
# X2Go Repository (sources of nightly builds)
deb-src http://packages.x2go.org/debian buster extras heuler

... results in following:

$ sudo apt-get install x2goclient
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 x2goclient : Depends: libqt4-network (>= 4:4.6.1) but it is not installable
              Depends: libqt4-svg (>= 4:4.5.3) but it is not installable
              Depends: libqtcore4 (>= 4:4.8.0) but it is not installable
              Depends: libqtgui4 (>= 4:4.6.1) but it is not installable
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

I guess libqt4* is already deprecated in recent Debian 12+ (???) releases.
Personally, I am on Devuan daedalus (Debian Bookworm cousin)

-- Regards,
Denis Golovan