Subject: Additional information to aid reproducibility:

From: Christian Kothe <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2024 07:33:06 -0800

The bug can be reproduced by running a test script that simulates
successive key presses in sequence at high (touch-typing) rates. The
attached screenshot shows the local copy of that script in the top half and
the key presses as they appear in a terminal window on the remote machine
in the bottom half. The annotations show that there is on average one
reordering every 7-8 closely timed keystrokes.

The script code is (you may have to run pip install pyautogui to install
the dependency into your python interpreter):
import time
import pyautogui

time.sleep(5)
for k in range(10):
    pyautogui.press(list('0123456789abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz'))
    pyautogui.press('enter')
    time.sleep(1)

Note that the editor is PyCharm (a popular Java-based IDE), which is a bit
more CPU-intensive than some other software during editing, so this could
well have something to do with it. If you want to test it with that,
PyCharm is freely available from: https://www.jetbrains.com/pycharm/

Thanks for your attention,
Christian