Subject: Actually an x2goserver issue

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2024 14:53:11 +0100

Control: reassign -1 x2goserver

After giving this more thought, while the issue manifests itself on the 
client side, it is caused on the server side, so it belongs to the 
x2goserver package.

We should investigate if the scripts under

/etc/x2go/Xsession.d/

could be made to automatically disable compositing for the desktop 
environments we support, and what possible negative side effects might 
be (E.g. do we have to run a background task that re-enables compositing 
once the session ends? What happens if the user wants to run a local 
session and an X2Go session in parallel?).

For XFCE4, the file to add

/usr/bin/xfconf-query -c xfwm4 -p /general/use_compositing -s false

to would probably be

/etc/x2go/Xsession.d/55xfce4-session

But there are now several DEs that employ compositing, so the question 
is if we should add it to the existing, per-DE files, or create a new 
one that just tries to catch all compositors we know about?

Kind Regards,
Stefan Baur

-- 
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur
Eichenäckerweg 10, 89081 Ulm | Registergericht Ulm, HRB 724364
Fon/Fax 0731 40 34 66-36/-35 | USt-IdNr.: DE268653243