Subject: Bug#1592: X2Go Windows Client fails to connect to hostname resolving to both IPv4 and IPv6

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2022 16:05:36 +0000

Package: X2Go Windows Client
Version: 4.1.2.2

I have a hostname that has both 1x IPv4 address (A records) and 1x IPv6 
address (AAAA records). The client fails to connect (connection timeout 
error) if I use the hostname. However if I enter the IPv4 or the IPv6 
instead of the hostname: no problem!

Proposed solution: it should try to connect/resolve to the IPv6 first, 
then the IPv4.

Regards,
Chris.

---

From: Eric Reischer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2024 18:43:10 -0500

This should actually be a feature request.  Many ISPs and/or personal
routers do not offer v6 routing capabilities yet, but DNS will still
return both the "A" and "AAAA" records for a hostname.  If the system
has a link-local v6 address defined, it may attempt to connect to the
v6 address when no route exists to it.

Suggest offering an "Auto", "IPv4", "IPv6" selection choice in the
"Server" specification window, similar to how PuTTY does it.