Subject: Bug#1590: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#1590: x2goclient hangs with Qt5.15 on EL8 - Reproduced on AlmaLinux 8

From: Peter Bieringer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2022 21:42:20 +0200

Sorry, have now read how --debug works...

Now started with: x2goclient --debug --libssh-debug 2>&1 | tee 
/tmp/x2goclient-<QTversion>.log

with Qt5.15:

[2022/07/29 19:34:20.759320, 2] channel_open:  Creating a channel 46 
with 64000 window and 32768 max packet
[2022/07/29 19:34:20.760544, 2] ssh_packet_channel_open_conf:  Received 
a CHANNEL_OPEN_CONFIRMATION for channel 46:0
[2022/07/29 19:34:20.760601, 2] ssh_packet_channel_open_conf:  Remote 
window : 0, maxpacket : 32768
[2022/07/29 19:34:20.764500, 2] channel_rcv_change_window:  Adding 
2097152 bytes to channel (46:0) (from 0 bytes)
[2022/07/29 19:34:20.764587, 2] channel_request:  Channel request exec 
success
[2022/07/29 19:34:21.075221, 2] grow_window:  growing window (channel 
46:0) to 1280000 bytes

then it loops here forever:

[2022/07/29 19:29:54.114274, 1] ssh_channel_accept:  No channel request 
of this type from server

Stopping after 4x CHANNEL_OPEN_CONFIRMATION (43...46)

# grep CHANNEL_OPEN_CONFIRMATION /tmp/x2goclient-5.15.log
[2022/07/29 19:34:12.681745, 2] ssh_packet_channel_open_conf:  Received 
a CHANNEL_OPEN_CONFIRMATION for channel 43:0
[2022/07/29 19:34:12.897503, 2] ssh_packet_channel_open_conf:  Received 
a CHANNEL_OPEN_CONFIRMATION for channel 44:0
[2022/07/29 19:34:17.564870, 2] ssh_packet_channel_open_conf:  Received 
a CHANNEL_OPEN_CONFIRMATION for channel 45:0
[2022/07/29 19:34:20.760544, 2] ssh_packet_channel_open_conf:  Received 
a CHANNEL_OPEN_CONFIRMATION for channel 46:0

with Qt5.12: results in 8x CHANNEL_OPEN_CONFIRMATION (43...50)

# grep CHANNEL_OPEN_CONFIRMATION /tmp/x2goclient-5.12.log
[2022/07/29 19:35:27.930657, 2] ssh_packet_channel_open_conf:  Received 
a CHANNEL_OPEN_CONFIRMATION for channel 43:0
[2022/07/29 19:35:28.147269, 2] ssh_packet_channel_open_conf:  Received 
a CHANNEL_OPEN_CONFIRMATION for channel 44:0
[2022/07/29 19:35:37.330360, 2] ssh_packet_channel_open_conf:  Received 
a CHANNEL_OPEN_CONFIRMATION for channel 45:0
[2022/07/29 19:35:41.191864, 2] ssh_packet_channel_open_conf:  Received 
a CHANNEL_OPEN_CONFIRMATION for channel 46:0
[2022/07/29 19:35:47.790986, 2] ssh_packet_channel_open_conf:  Received 
a CHANNEL_OPEN_CONFIRMATION for channel 47:0
[2022/07/29 19:35:47.968874, 2] ssh_packet_channel_open_conf:  Received 
a CHANNEL_OPEN_CONFIRMATION for channel 48:1
[2022/07/29 19:35:48.649804, 2] ssh_packet_channel_open_conf:  Received 
a CHANNEL_OPEN_CONFIRMATION for channel 49:1
[2022/07/29 19:36:06.888934, 2] ssh_packet_channel_open_conf:  Received 
a CHANNEL_OPEN_CONFIRMATION for channel 50:0

Any further idea how to trace this down?