Subject: Bug#1590: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#1590: Reproduced on AlmaLinux 8

From: Peter Bieringer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2022 21:14:42 +0200

Hi,

Am 29.07.22 um 19:41 schrieb Randy Goldenberg:
> I'm not sure what you mean by "X2go session is created, but not really started".

On server side, a session is created, detectable with "x2golistsession" 
and in case the client is terminated on reconnect it claims about an 
existing session.

X2goclient still shows "connecting", but has already connected somehow.

Also I cannot enable "Show details" in the GUI during client hangs.

Downgraded Qt5, here I'm able now to activate "Show details", which is 
remembered also after upgrading Qt5 again.

Looks like compared to Qt5.12 it hangs before showing:

Loop: WARNING! Disabling NX delta compression.
Loop: WARNING! Disabling use of NX persistent cache.
Info: Connection with remote proxy completed.

(on 1 of x starts with Qt5.15 the "Show details" content was update at 
all before hanging)

x2goclient --debug is also showing nothing on console

"ltrace --f x2goclient --debug" shows tons of following loop:

[pid 2703] _ZN6QMutex4lockEv(0x5597e7091690, 0x7f833c5561e0, 
0x5597e7091ce0, 0) = 0
[pid 2703] _ZN6QMutex6unlockEv(0x5597e7091690, 0x7f833c5561e0, 
0x7f833a7fdaf0, 0) = 1
[pid 2703] _ZN6QMutex4lockEv(0x5597e7091688, 0x7f833c5561e0, 1, 1) = 0
[pid 2703] _ZN6QMutex6unlockEv(0x5597e7091688, 0x7f833c5561e0, 
0x5597e70917b0, 1) = 1
[pid 2703] _ZN7QThread6usleepEm(500, 0x7f833c5561e0, 1, 1) = 0
[pid 2703] _ZN6QMutex4lockEv(0x5597e7091698, 0x7f8321202740, 0, 
0x7f8339feb170) = 0
[pid 2703] _ZN6QMutex6unlockEv(0x5597e7091698, 0x7f8321202740, 0, 
0x7f8339feb170) = 1
[pid 2703] _ZN6QMutex4lockEv(0x5597e70916a8, 0x7f8321202740, 1, 1) = 0
[pid 2703] _ZN6QMutex6unlockEv(0x5597e70916a8, 0x7f8321202740, 0, 1) = 1
[pid 2703] ssh_channel_accept_forward(0x7f8310004e40, 0, 0x7f8321202660, 
1) = 0

"strace --f x2goclient --debug" shows tons of following loop:

2774  nanosleep({tv_sec=0, tv_nsec=500000}, 0x7fb8cd94f740) = 0
2774  poll([{fd=12, events=POLLIN}], 1, 0) = 0 (Timeout)

> Might this be the known issue with XFCE compositing?  I encountered it
> for the first time when connecting from an AlmaLinux 8 client.
> 
> https://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/doc:de-compat

This is already known since some time and disabled in advance.

Regards,
	Peter