Subject: small X2GO UI improvements

From: Franta Hanzlík <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 12:19:05 +0200

Package: x2goclient
Version: 4.1.2.2
Severity: wishlist

Hi, I'm using X2GO (now mainly x2goclient-4.1.2.x and x2goserver-4.1.0.x
on Fedora Linux), and I have lot of defined sessions and often several
sessions for one remote machine (one with Xterm, second with WWW browser,
third with complete graphical desktop,...).

What I would see as a useful improvement in client user interface:

- Much smaller (oneline, maybe even per-machine drop-down menu) items
in the right column or in multiple columns or on the entire window area
 - this would greatly increase clarity with a large number of defined
sessions. Now with big session items I only see five of the dozens (100+)
defined sessions.

- Ability to easy "clone" session definition by "Duplicate as..." function
in "session actions" of existing session definition (for quick/easy new
session definition - where, compared to the current session definition,
only the specifications of the remote machine, etc. will change).

- Ability to run multiple remote sessions from one client (now you need
 to run another x2goclient instance) - useful if I need to run on
 multiple remote machines at the same time.

- Client window which displayed some error states (e.g.
* No response received from the remote server. Do you want to terminate the current session?
* The connection with the remote server was shut down. Please check the state of your network connection.
) should be more informative about problematic session - now it show
Display number only, which isn't very useful. Somethink as Session Name
would help to better identify which session has a problem.
(or/and eg. blinking/differently colored session (oneline;) item in
right column.

Thanks for X2Go!
---
Franta Hanzlík