Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#1577: Bug#1577: gnome-Terminal not working on RHEL8

From: Ulrich Sibiller <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2021 18:34:49 +0100

Please note that we are talking about Redhat Enterprise Linux here.
What is deprecated on other distributions can still be supported on
those systems ;-) But RHEL8 offers both... ;-)

It kinda works (tested without x2go or nx for now), but I am not
really sure if it works the way it should:

$ dbus-run-session gnome-terminal --wait
# Couldn't connect to accessibility bus: Failed to connect to socket
/tmp/dbus-xCWFrJX5ds: Connection refused
dbus-daemon[1104827]: [session uid=<censored> pid=1104827] Activating
service name='org.gnome.Terminal' requested by ':1.0' (uid=<censored>
pid=1104838 comm="gnome-terminal --wait "
label="system_u:system_r:unconfined_service_t:s0")

(gnome-terminal-server:1104843): dbind-WARNING **: 18:30:55.976:
Couldn't connect to accessibility bus: Failed to connect to socket
/tmp/dbus-xCWFrJX5ds: Connection refused
dbus-daemon[1104827]: [session uid=<censored> pid=1104827] Activating
service name='ca.desrt.dconf' requested by ':1.1' (uid=<censored>
pid=1104843 comm="/usr/libexec/gnome-terminal-server "
label="system_u:system_r:unconfined_service_t:s0")
dbus-daemon[1104827]: [session uid=<censored> pid=1104827]
Successfully activated service 'org.gnome.Terminal'
# watch_fast: "/org/gnome/terminal/legacy/" (establishing: 0, active: 0)
# unwatch_fast: "/org/gnome/terminal/legacy/" (active: 0, establishing: 1)
# watch_established: "/org/gnome/terminal/legacy/" (establishing: 0)
dbus-daemon[1104827]: [session uid=<censored> pid=1104827]
Successfully activated service 'ca.desrt.dconf'

(gnome-terminal-server:1104843): dconf-WARNING **: 18:30:56.014:
failed to commit changes to dconf:
GDBus.Error:org.gtk.GDBus.UnmappedGError.Quark._g_2dfile_2derror_2dquark.Code4:
Failed to create file “/home/<censored>/.config/dconf/user.X0PRE1”: No
such file or directory

On Tue, Dec 21, 2021 at 6:00 PM Mike Gabriel
<[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> On  Di 21 Dez 2021 15:03:33 CET, Ulrich Sibiller wrote:
>
> > Package: x2goserver
> > Version: 4.1.0.3-9
> >
> > If you configure a standard session in x2goclient and set the session
> > type to "Terminal" ("Eingabeaufforderung" in German) the session will
> > start and automatically terminate shortly after.
> >
> > This is because when selecting "Terminal" the command to run is
> > determined at server side and normally "gnome-terminal" will be
> > selected. But gnome-terminal on RHEL8 will fork and x2go then goes on
> > assuming session end because of the last (only) client having ended.
> >
> > Workaround: configure "/usr/bin/dbus-launch /usr/bin/gnome-terminal
> > --wait" instead of "Terminal" in the x2go session configuration.
>
> dbus-launch is a deprecated tool and should probably be replaced by
> dbus-run-session.
>
> In fact, maybe we should put that as a command for the GNOME terminal
> startup in /usr/bin/x2goruncommand?
>
> @Uli: can you test that?
>
> Mike
> --
>
> DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
> c\o Technik- und Ökologiezentrum Eckernförde
> Mike Gabriel, Marienthaler Str. 17, 24340 Eckernförde
> mobile: +49 (1520) 1976 148
> landline: +49 (4351) 850 8940
>
> GnuPG Fingerprint: 9BFB AEE8 6C0A A5FF BF22  0782 9AF4 6B30 2577 1B31
> mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de
>
> _______________________________________________
> x2go-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://lists.x2go.org/listinfo/x2go-dev