Subject: Bug#1570: Moving any programs on screen causes ghosting/overlapping effect v4.1.0.3-10 in Fedora

From: Robert Kudyba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2021 10:08:08 -0500

Package: x2goserver-4.1.0.3-10.fc34.x86_64
Version: 4.1.0.3-10

Connecting from a Windows 10 system running X2Go Client v4.1.2.2 Qt 4.8.6
to a X2Go server on Fedora 34 running 4.1.0.3-10, any time I open an
application, e.g., see attached, the application leaves an overlay or a
ghosting effect and doesn't even allow to be closed. Here are some debug
logs:
.xsession-x2go-ourdomain.edu-errors
XSession-x2go: X session started for xxxx at Wed Nov 17 09:32:54 AM EST 2021
xfce4-session-Message: 09:32:54.701: SSH authentication agent is already
running

(xfwm4:1990257): xfwm4-WARNING **: 09:32:54.812: XSync extension too old
(3.0).

(xfwm4:1990257): xfwm4-WARNING **: 09:32:54.821: The display does not
support the XComposite extension.

(xfwm4:1990257): xfwm4-WARNING **: 09:32:54.823: The display does not
support the XPresent extension.

(xfwm4:1990257): xfwm4-WARNING **: 09:32:54.823: Compositing manager
disabled.

(xfsettingsd:1990263): xfsettingsd-CRITICAL **: 09:32:55.033: Your XI is
too old (1.3) version 1.4 is required.

(xfsettingsd:1990263): xfsettingsd-WARNING **: 09:32:55.034: Failed to
create device filter

** (xfce4-power-manager:1990299): WARNING **: 09:32:55.809: Failed to get
name owner: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NameHasNoOwner: Could
not get owner of name 'org.xfce.PowerManager': no such name

** (xfce4-power-manager:1990299): WARNING **: 09:32:55.809: Failed to get
name owner: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NameHasNoOwner: Could
not get owner of name 'org.freedesktop.PowerManagement': no such name

Xfce power manager is not running

(xfce4-power-manager:1990299): xfce4-power-manager-WARNING **:
09:32:55.813: Monitor is not DPMS capable

** (wrapper-2.0:1990286): WARNING **: 09:32:55.829: No outputs have
backlight property

(wrapper-2.0:1990287): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: 09:32:55.835:
g_file_new_for_path: assertion 'path != NULL' failed

(wrapper-2.0:1990287): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: 09:32:55.836:
g_file_monitor_file: assertion 'G_IS_FILE (file)' failed

(wrapper-2.0:1990287): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: 09:32:55.836: invalid
(NULL) pointer instance

(wrapper-2.0:1990287): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: 09:32:55.836:
g_signal_connect_data: assertion 'G_TYPE_CHECK_INSTANCE (instance)' failed

(wrapper-2.0:1990287): Gtk-WARNING **: 09:32:55.836: Attempting to add a
widget with type GtkToggleButton to a container of type XfcePanelPlugin,
but the widget is already inside a container of type XfcePanelPlugin,
please remove the widget from its existing container first.

** (wrapper-2.0:1990285): WARNING **: 09:32:55.844: Binding
'XF86AudioMicMute' failed!

(wrapper-2.0:1990285): pulseaudio-plugin-WARNING **: 09:32:55.844: Could
not have grabbed volume control keys. Is another volume control application
(xfce4-volumed) running?

** (wrapper-2.0:1990285): WARNING **: 09:32:55.851: Binding 'XF86AudioPlay'
failed!

(wrapper-2.0:1990285): pulseaudio-plugin-WARNING **: 09:32:55.851: Could
not have grabbed multimedia control keys.
vmware-user: could not open /proc/fs/vmblock/dev
Error: /usr/bin/vmtoolsd must be run inside a virtual machine on a VMware
hypervisor product.
Failed to rename ‘/xxxx/.abrt/spool’ to ‘/xxxx/.cache/abrt/spool’: No such
file or directory
/usr/libexec/tracker-miner-rss-3: error while loading shared libraries:
libtracker-miner-3.0.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory

(process:1990386): GLib-CRITICAL **: 09:32:55.938: g_strv_contains:
assertion 'str != NULL' failed

(xfce4-power-manager:1990299): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: 09:32:55.964:
../gobject/gsignal.c:2614: signal 'Changed' is invalid for instance
'0x561ba5115130' of type 'GDBusProxy'

(xfce4-power-manager:1990299): xfce4-power-manager-WARNING **:
09:32:55.986: could not map keysym 1008ffa8 to keycode

(xfce4-power-manager:1990299): xfce4-power-manager-WARNING **:
09:32:55.986: could not map keysym 1008ffa7 to keycode

(xfce4-power-manager:1990299): xfce4-power-manager-WARNING **:
09:32:55.986: could not map keysym 1008ff02 to keycode

(xfce4-power-manager:1990299): xfce4-power-manager-WARNING **:
09:32:55.986: could not map keysym 1008ff03 to keycode

** (xfce4-power-manager:1990299): WARNING **: 09:32:55.999: No outputs have
backlight property
Xfce Power Manager: Another power manager is already running

(xfce4-power-manager:1990299): xfce4-power-manager-WARNING **:
09:32:56.006: Failed to get keyboard max brightness level :
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod: No such interface
“org.freedesktop.UPower.KbdBacklight” on object at path
/org/freedesktop/UPower/KbdBacklight

(wrapper-2.0:1990285): Gtk-WARNING **: 09:32:56.051: Negative content width
-3 (allocation 1, extents 2x2) while allocating gadget (node button, owner
PulseaudioButton)

(wrapper-2.0:1990287): Gtk-WARNING **: 09:32:56.052: Negative content width
-3 (allocation 1, extents 2x2) while allocating gadget (node button, owner
GtkToggleButton)

(wrapper-2.0:1990286): Gtk-WARNING **: 09:32:56.072: Negative content width
-3 (allocation 1, extents 2x2) while allocating gadget (node button, owner
PowerManagerButton)

** (xfce4-screensaver:1990373): WARNING **: 09:32:56.080: screensaver
already running in this session
env: ‘mc2’: No such file or directory

(wrapper-2.0:1990288): Gtk-WARNING **: 09:32:56.143: Negative content width
-1 (allocation 1, extents 1x1) while allocating gadget (node button, owner
XfceArrowButton)
SELinux Troubleshooter: Applet requires SELinux be enabled to run
blueman-applet 09.32.56 WARNING  PluginManager:147 __load_plugin: Not
loading DhcpClient because its conflict has higher priority
blueman-applet 09.32.56 WARNING  PluginManager:147 __load_plugin: Not
loading PPPSupport because its conflict has higher priority
blueman-applet 09.33.21 WARNING  DiscvManager:119 update_menuitems:
warning: Adapter is None
Can't connect over DBus to name 'org.freedesktop.secrets' path
'/org/freedesktop/secrets' interface 'org.freedesktop.Secret.Service':
Error calling StartServiceByName for org.freedesktop.secrets: Timeout was
reached
'/var/spool/abrt/ccpp-2021-11-11-11:32:41.565620-314080' does not exist
'/var/spool/abrt/ccpp-2021-11-11-11:32:41.565620-314080' does not exist
'/var/spool/abrt/ccpp-2021-11-11-11:32:41.565620-314080' does not exist

(xfce4-session:1989954): GLib-WARNING **: 09:35:09.638: GChildWatchSource:
Exit status of a child process was requested but ECHILD was received by
waitpid(). See the documentation of g_child_watch_source_new() for possible
causes.

(xfce4-power-manager:1990299): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: 09:35:09.638:
g_object_unref: assertion 'G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

(tracker-miner-fs-3:1990380): GVFS-RemoteVolumeMonitor-WARNING **:
09:35:09.665: Owner of volume monitor org.gtk.vfs.UDisks2VolumeMonitor
disconnected from the bus; removing drives/volumes/mounts

(tracker-miner-fs-3:1990380): GVFS-RemoteVolumeMonitor-WARNING **:
09:35:09.665: Owner of volume monitor org.gtk.vfs.GoaVolumeMonitor
disconnected from the bus; removing drives/volumes/mounts

OK

Another notification daemon is running, exiting

(xfsettingsd:1990263): xfconf-WARNING **: 09:35:09.705: Failed to set
property "keyboards::/Default/Numlock": The connection is closed
mc2: Fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server :50.0.

from /var/log/messages:

Nov 17 09:32:46 /usr/sbin/x2gocleansessions[991]:
xxxx-50-1637159564_stDXFCE_dp32: state file for this session does not
exist: /tmp/.x2go-xxxx/C-xxxx-50-1637159564_stDXFCE_dp32/state (this can be
ignored during session startups)
Nov 17 09:32:47 /usr/bin/x2gostartagent[1989598]: successfully started X2Go
Agent session with ID xxxx-50-1637159564_stDXFCE_dp32
Nov 17 09:32:53 /usr/bin/x2goruncommand[1989949]: launching session with
Xsession-x2go mechanism, using STARTUP="xfce4-session"
Nov 17 09:32:53 /usr/bin/x2goruncommand[1989950]: dbus wrapper available as
/usr/bin/dbus-run-session