Subject: python3-x2gobroker: build fails against setuptools 58+

From: Stanislav Levin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 16:25:43 +0300

Package: x2gobroker
Version: x2gobroker-0.0.4.3

This project has the option `use_2to3` in `setup.py`, which support has
been removed in setuptools since version 58.0.0
https://setuptools.readthedocs.io/en/latest/history.html#v58-0-0:
> #2086: Removed support for 2to3 during builds. Projects should port to
a unified codebase or pin to an older version of Setuptools using PEP
518 build-requires.

The build fails with:
> python3 setup.py build
error in x2gobroker setup command: use_2to3 is invalid.
make: *** [Makefile:69: build_pymodule] Error 1

Moreover, according to docs
https://docs.python.org/3/library/2to3.html#module-lib2to3 the whole
lib2to3 is
> Deprecated since version 3.10: Python 3.9 will switch to a PEG parser
(see PEP 617), and Python 3.10 may include new language syntax that is
not parsable by lib2to3’s LL(1) parser. The lib2to3 module may be
removed from the standard library in a future Python version. Consider
third-party alternatives such as LibCST or parso.

As far as I can see, Python code in x2gobroker is Python3 compatible,
thus, most likely, the conversion on build is extra operation and it can
be safely dropped.