Subject: [Bug] X2Go: The remote NX proxy closed the connection

From: "SALBAN, LOUIS ANDREA" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2021 10:32:34 +0200

Package: x2goserver
Version: 4.1.0.3

When I run x2goclient 4.1.2.2, on my Windows 10 64-bit machine, the
following error appears:
*    Error: The remote NX proxy closed the connection.*

*    Error: Failure negotiating the session in stage '7'.    Error: Wrong
version or invalid session authentication cookie*
The x2goserver 4.1.0.3 and nxagent 3.5.99.26 is installed on a RHEL 8.2
64-bits workstation.

On the RHEL 8.2 workstation, I tried to delete the x2go database and
recreate it without effect:
I also tried to run the x2goagent (see x2goagent.txt) thinking I got a
clearer error, but the x2go windows opened correctly.
I'm completely stuck and don't know what else to do. You will find attached
a maximum of log, hoping that this helps you to see more clearly.

Finally, I would like to point out that I can correctly connect to a second
workstation under RHEL 7.2 64-bits with x2goserver 4.0.1.20 and x2goagent
3.5.0.32.

Thank you.
Regards

*Louis-Andréa SALBAN*

IM Focal point for IYYS
Real-Time Framework - IYYSW
*Airbus Operations SAS Toulouse*

* [email-masked]
The information in this e-mail is confidential. The contents may not be disclosed or used by anyone other than the addressee. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify Airbus immediately and delete this e-mail.
Airbus cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of this e-mail as it has been sent over public networks. If you have any concerns over the content of this message or its Accuracy or Integrity, please contact Airbus immediately.
All outgoing e-mails from Airbus are checked using regularly updated virus scanning software but you should take whatever measures you deem to be appropriate to ensure that this message and any attachments are virus free.

---

From: "SALBAN, LOUIS ANDREA" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 08:54:13 +0200

Hello,

Any help ?

---

From: Ulrich Sibiller <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2021 09:46:02 +0200

Does it work when disabling sound, printer and file sharing?

On Mon, Aug 2, 2021 at 7:59 AM SALBAN, LOUIS ANDREA
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> All outgoing e-mails from Airbus are checked using regularly updated virus scanning software but you should take whatever measures you deem to be appropriate to ensure that this message and any attachments are virus free._______________________________________________
> x2go-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://lists.x2go.org/listinfo/x2go-dev

---

From: "SALBAN, LOUIS ANDREA" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2021 10:53:29 +0200

*Airbus Amber*

No...

*Louis*

Le lun. 2 août 2021 à 09:46, Ulrich Sibiller <[email-masked]> a
écrit :

> > The information in this e-mail is confidential. The contents may not be
> disclosed or used by anyone other than the addressee. Access to this e-mail
> by anyone else is unauthorised.
> > Airbus cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness
> of this e-mail as it has been sent over public networks. If you have any
> concerns over the content of this message or its Accuracy or Integrity,
> please contact Airbus immediately.
> > All outgoing e-mails from Airbus are checked using regularly updated
> virus scanning software but you should take whatever measures you deem to
> be appropriate to ensure that this message and any attachments are virus
> free._______________________________________________
> > x2go-dev mailing list
> > [email-masked]

---

From: Ulrich Sibiller <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2021 11:02:24 +0200

In the file x2goagent.txt of your first mail I see this:

$/bin/x2goagent -option
"nx/nx,root=/cygdrive/C/Users/to104437/X2GO~1,connect=localhost,cookie=b7f6c1d94ad594f05a16d49bba1c1d70,port=44351,errors=/cygdrive/C/Users/to104437/X2GO~1/S-TO10~1/sessions:56"

It is referencing a /cygdrive path with shortened filenames (~1). Are
you using the homes in the same fashion on the working RHEL7 machine?
How exactly are you setting this up?

Uli

On Mon, Aug 9, 2021 at 10:54 AM SALBAN, LOUIS ANDREA
<[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Airbus Amber
>
> No...
>
>
> Louis
>
>
>
> Le lun. 2 août 2021 à 09:46, Ulrich Sibiller <[email-masked]> a écrit :
>>

---

From: "SALBAN, LOUIS ANDREA" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2021 11:21:43 +0200

*Airbus Amber*

This file contains the traces of a test that I carried out.
I tried to verify that the *x2go agent* started without error on the RHEL8.
I obtained the command line by retrieving the options in the option file
generated at the launch of the session.

*Louis*

Le lun. 9 août 2021 à 11:02, Ulrich Sibiller <[email-masked]> a écrit :

> >> > The information in this e-mail is confidential. The contents may not
> be disclosed or used by anyone other than the addressee. Access to this
> e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised.
> >> > Airbus cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy or
> completeness of this e-mail as it has been sent over public networks. If
> you have any concerns over the content of this message or its Accuracy or
> Integrity, please contact Airbus immediately.
> free.

---

From: Ulrich Sibiller <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2021 14:44:51 +0200

This does not answer my question regarding RHEL7.

Uli

On Mon, Aug 9, 2021 at 11:22 AM SALBAN, LOUIS ANDREA
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> I tried to verify that the x2go agent started without error on the RHEL8.
> I obtained the command line by retrieving the options in the option file generated at the launch of the session.
>
>
> Louis
>
>

---

From: "SALBAN, LOUIS ANDREA" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2021 15:20:09 +0200

*Airbus Amber*

The x2go client is on my Windows laptop.
The x2go user directory on this PC is located in C:\Users\to104437\.x2go
I therefore suppose that is the x2go client which transforms the Windows
path into a cygwin path /cygdrive/C/Users/to104437/X2GO~1

I am using the same client to connect to RHEL7.

*Louis*

Le lun. 9 août 2021 à 14:45, Ulrich Sibiller <[email-masked]> a écrit :

> >> >> > The information in this e-mail is confidential. The contents may
> not be disclosed or used by anyone other than the addressee. Access to this
> >> >> > All outgoing e-mails from Airbus are checked using regularly
> updated virus scanning software but you should take whatever measures you
> deem to be appropriate to ensure that this message and any attachments are
> virus free._______________________________________________
> >> >> > x2go-dev mailing list
> >> >> > [email-masked]