Subject: x2goserver error: unknown operating system

From: Henrik Schmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2021 09:44:36 +0200

Package: x2goserver
Version: 4.1.0.4

When starting a x2go session with the server running Opensuse Tumbleweed OS I expect to get a session.

What I get is the error message:|"Unknown operating system, XSession startup not implemented!" I looked 
at the x2goserver source code and it checked for ||[ -f /etc/SUSE-brand ] || [ -f /etc/SuSE-release ] which both are 
absent. I did a 'touch ||/etc/SuSE-release|' on the server and x2go started working again.

So there should be a better detection for Opensuse Tumbleweed.

Client:
Windows 10
X2GoClient 4.1.2.2
Session: xfce or kde, it doesn't matter
Server: OpenSuse Tumbleweed x2goserver-4.1.0.4~git107+gc2182644-3.37.x86_64
x2goserver-xsession-4.1.0.4~git107+gc2182644-3.37.x86_64
nxagent-3.5.99.4~git2184+gd20cb44e8-1.6.x86_64

 1.

  ||||

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2021 06:03:40 +0000

Hi Henrik,

On  Fr 02 Jul 2021 09:44:36 CEST, Henrik Schmidt wrote:

> What I get is the error message:|"Unknown operating system, XSession  
> startup not implemented!" I looked at the x2goserver source code and  
> it checked for ||[ -f /etc/SUSE-brand ] || [ -f /etc/SuSE-release ]  
> which both are absent. I did a 'touch ||/etc/SuSE-release|' on the  
> server and x2go started working again.
>

I have been playing with SUSE (SLES) recently, as well. But not  
related to X2Go. On your Tumbleweed instance, is there a proper way to  
identify that it is a SUSE system?

Also, please make sure to be subscribed to [1] when posting to the  
X2Go bug tracker. Your BTS mails won't make it to the x2go-dev list  
and thus stay unseen.

Greetings,
Mike

[1] https://lists.x2go.org/listinfo/x2go-dev

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
c\o Technik- und Ökologiezentrum Eckernförde
Mike Gabriel, Marienthaler Str. 17, 24340 Eckernförde
mobile: +49 (1520) 1976 148
landline: +49 (4351) 850 8940

GnuPG Fingerprint: 9BFB AEE8 6C0A A5FF BF22  0782 9AF4 6B30 2577 1B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

---

From: Henrik Schmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2021 08:25:45 +0200

Hi Mike,

I think https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Find_openSUSE_version is the way to 
go to check for SUSE releases.

Regards,
Henrik

>> Server: OpenSuse Tumbleweed 
>> x2goserver-4.1.0.4~git107+gc2182644-3.37.x86_64

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2021 07:00:10 +0000

On  Mo 02 Aug 2021 08:25:45 CEST, Henrik Schmidt wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> I think https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Find_openSUSE_version is the way  
> to go to check for SUSE releases.
>
> Regards,
> Henrik

Ok. Will implement something like that. Thanks!

Mike
-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM

---

From: Ulrich Sibiller <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2021 09:29:05 +0200

On Mon, Aug 2, 2021 at 7:58 AM Henrik Schmidt
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> What I get is the error message: "Unknown operating system, XSession startup not implemented!"
>
> I looked at the x2goserver source code and it checked for [ -f /etc/SUSE-brand ] || [ -f /etc/SuSE-release ]
>
> which both are absent. I did a 'touch /etc/SuSE-release' on the server and x2go started working again.
>

Are you sure that this version of nxagent is used? It it really,
really old! Please try to update to 3.5.99.26

Uli