Subject: Bug#155: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#155: 25 user logon problem

From: Moritz Struebe <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 09:14:38 +0200

On 2013-04-15 23:08, Mike Gabriel wrote:
>
> @Devs: I suspect we have to query x2gogetport 3x times during one run
> of x2gostartagent to make sure that more-than-one instances of
> x2gostartagent (run by different users at the very same time, a
> typical class room situation) do not interfere with each other. 

I don't know how you come to the 3x conclusion, but looking at the code
I'd suggest that USED_NONSSH_PORTS as well as USED_PORTS either be
turned into a function or get updated within the while-loop. That should
reduce the amount of failures.

> This probably has to happen in x2goresume-session, as well. 

Considering the amount of perl  and code duplication we should consider
putting that into a function and sourcing it or rewriting the whole
thing in perl. Unfortunately currently time is very scarce for me.

Morty

-- 
Dipl.-Ing. Moritz 'Morty' Struebe (Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter)
Lehrstuhl für Informatik 4 (Verteilte Systeme und Betriebssysteme)
Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg
Martensstr. 1
91058 Erlangen

Tel   : +49 9131 85-25419
Fax   : +49 9131 85-28732
eMail : [email-masked]
WWW   : http://www4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/~morty