Subject: Bug#1548: Copy & Paste images with x2goserver and x2goserver-x2gokdrive

From: Miguel Quero <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2021 20:10:56 +0200

Package: x2goclient
Version: 4.1.2.3

Hi,
First of all congratulate you for your great work with x2go.
We have been using x2go for years in research and reporting environments.
The problem we have is that usually in these environments the copy and
paste of images is very common. Currently we overcome this problem
with the option to share folders but we would like to make the
environment more agile by allowing to copy and paste images from the
client to the server. After investigating the options we have found
the following:
1) If the connection is made through the new kdrive, the clipboard
shares images correctly. For example:
* Client side: xclip -selection clip -t image/jpg -i hades.jpeg
* X2go Kdrive Server side: a simple ctrl-v on a document opened on the
server and the image is copied perfectly.
* Problems: The problem is kdrive itself that for example for Spanish
language neither accents nor many symbols work: (á ^ ä ç à ...).

2) With normal x2go:
* Client side: xclip -selection clip -t image/jpg -i hades.jpeg
* SSH normal contextion: The clipboard is shared ok
 xclip -selection clipboard -t TARGETS -o
TARGETS
image/jpg
* X2go Server side: Nothing appear in clipboard :(

Any ideas?