Subject: Bug#1535: users randomly (but repeatedly) get a "libx2go-server-db-sqlite3-wrapper insertsession" error at connection attempts

From: Enrico Bertocchi <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2021 17:12:22 +0100

Package: x2goserver
Version: Devuan Beowulf package x2goserver/stable,now 4.1.0.3-4

Dear sirs,
I'm currently employing x2go (Devuan Beowulf package
x2goserver/stable,now 4.1.0.3-4) to operate a terminal server for
computer lab lessons.

It randomly happens that some of the students experience sequences of
failed connection attempts (usually 5-10 in a row) with the following
kind of error (typed from a typical screenshot)

[...]
n283287-55-1616084795_stDmwm_dp32 at
/usr/share/perl5/X2Go/Server/DB.pm line 251. :
/usr/lib/x2go/libx2go-server-db-sqlite3-wrapper insertsession 55
x2go-cdm [...] n283287-55-1616084798_stDmwm_dp32 at
/usr/share/perl5/X2Go/Server/DB.pm line 251. :
/usr/lib/x2go/libx2go-server-db-sqlite3-wrapper insertsession 55
x2go-cdm n283287-55-1616084799_stDmwm_dp32 at
/usr/share/perl5/X2Go/Server/DB.pm line 251. Unable to find free
display port or insert new sessions into database; parameters:
port(55), hostname (x2go-cdm) and session name
(n283287-55-1616084799_stDmwm_dp32).

A further, subsequent connection attempt randomly succeeds instead.
At the same time, other students experience regular login procedures.

The student passwd data is taken from a "sssd-ldap" domain, fact this
that might cause some of the quirks.

Please indicate me which further data on the server side might be
relevant for investigating the problem.

Thanks.

--
Enrico Bertocchi