Subject: session.log fills up root filesystem

From: Nico van Vliet <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2021 12:28:25 +0100

package: x2goserver
version: 4.1.0.3

Cannot write data to system activity file: No space left on device

Just use X2Go client on Windows10 (and possibly others) and suspend and 
reconnect a lot to the server.

X2Go keeps writing to the session.log file. Example:
# ls -l 
/tmp/.x2go-deshmane/C-deshmane-79-1615026580_stDXFCE_dp32/session.log
-rw------- 1 deshmane dkdvlp 2037804631 Mar 22 12:25 
/tmp/.x2go-deshmane/C-deshmane-79-1615026580_stDXFCE_dp32/session.log

tail /tmp/.x2go-deshmane/C-deshmane-79-1615026580_stDXFCE_dp32/session.log
nxagentPendingEvents: Returning error with display down.
nxagentPendingEvents: Returning error with display down.
nxagentPendingEvents: Returning error with display down.
nxagentPendingEvents: Returning error with display down.
nxagentPendingEvents: Returning error with display down.
nxagentPendingEvents: Returning error with display down.
nxagentPendingEvents: Returning error with display down.
nxagentPendingEvents: Returning error with display down.
nxagentPendingEvents: Returning error with display down.
nxagentPendingEvents: Returning error with display down.

These messages keep filling up the root filesystem without limit.

Server:

# cat /etc/os-release
NAME="CentOS Linux"
VERSION="7 (Core)"
ID="centos"
ID_LIKE="rhel fedora"
VERSION_ID="7"
PRETTY_NAME="CentOS Linux 7 (Core)"
ANSI_COLOR="0;31"
CPE_NAME="cpe:/o:centos:centos:7"
HOME_URL="https://www.centos.org/"
BUG_REPORT_URL="https://bugs.centos.org/"

CENTOS_MANTISBT_PROJECT="CentOS-7"
CENTOS_MANTISBT_PROJECT_VERSION="7"
REDHAT_SUPPORT_PRODUCT="centos"
REDHAT_SUPPORT_PRODUCT_VERSION="7"

Please remove this message and/or limit size of session.log

Best Regards,
Nico van Vliet

-- 
___________________________________________________________

Nico van Vliet
Faculty of Engineering Technology
University of Twente
Postbus 217
7500 AE Enschede
Netherlands
email: [email-masked]
Tel: +31 53 489 2483
___________________________________________________________