Subject: session.log fills up root filesystem

From: Nico van Vliet <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2021 12:28:25 +0100

package: x2goserver
version: 4.1.0.3

Cannot write data to system activity file: No space left on device

Just use X2Go client on Windows10 (and possibly others) and suspend and 
reconnect a lot to the server.

X2Go keeps writing to the session.log file. Example:
# ls -l 
/tmp/.x2go-deshmane/C-deshmane-79-1615026580_stDXFCE_dp32/session.log
-rw------- 1 deshmane dkdvlp 2037804631 Mar 22 12:25 
/tmp/.x2go-deshmane/C-deshmane-79-1615026580_stDXFCE_dp32/session.log

tail /tmp/.x2go-deshmane/C-deshmane-79-1615026580_stDXFCE_dp32/session.log
nxagentPendingEvents: Returning error with display down.
nxagentPendingEvents: Returning error with display down.
nxagentPendingEvents: Returning error with display down.
nxagentPendingEvents: Returning error with display down.
nxagentPendingEvents: Returning error with display down.
nxagentPendingEvents: Returning error with display down.
nxagentPendingEvents: Returning error with display down.
nxagentPendingEvents: Returning error with display down.
nxagentPendingEvents: Returning error with display down.
nxagentPendingEvents: Returning error with display down.

These messages keep filling up the root filesystem without limit.

Server:

# cat /etc/os-release
NAME="CentOS Linux"
VERSION="7 (Core)"
ID="centos"
ID_LIKE="rhel fedora"
VERSION_ID="7"
PRETTY_NAME="CentOS Linux 7 (Core)"
ANSI_COLOR="0;31"
CPE_NAME="cpe:/o:centos:centos:7"
HOME_URL="https://www.centos.org/"
BUG_REPORT_URL="https://bugs.centos.org/"

CENTOS_MANTISBT_PROJECT="CentOS-7"
CENTOS_MANTISBT_PROJECT_VERSION="7"
REDHAT_SUPPORT_PRODUCT="centos"
REDHAT_SUPPORT_PRODUCT_VERSION="7"

Please remove this message and/or limit size of session.log

Best Regards,
Nico van Vliet

-- 
___________________________________________________________

Nico van Vliet
Faculty of Engineering Technology
University of Twente
Postbus 217
7500 AE Enschede
Netherlands
email: [email-masked]
Tel: +31 53 489 2483
___________________________________________________________

---

From: David Schumm <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2021 07:31:28 -0600 (MDT)

Nico,
I ran into this as well,  There's a bug in the 3.5.99.25 library.  I rolled 
back to the previous version until the fix was released.

https://lists.x2go.org/pipermail/x2go-user/2020-December/006380.html

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: x2go-dev <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Nico van Vliet
Sent: Monday, March 22, 2021 5:28 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: ATTN: [POSSIBLE SPAM] [X2Go-Dev] Bug#1534: session.log fills up 
root filesystem

package: x2goserver
version: 4.1.0.3

Server:

# cat /etc/os-release
NAME="CentOS Linux"
VERSION="7 (Core)"
ID="centos"
ID_LIKE="rhel fedora"
VERSION_ID="7"

Best Regards,
Nico van Vliet

Nico van Vliet
Faculty of Engineering Technology
University of Twente
Postbus 217
7500 AE Enschede
Netherlands
email: [email-masked]
Tel: +31 53 489 2483
___________________________________________________________
_______________________________________________
x2go-dev mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.x2go.org/listinfo/x2go-dev

==
This e-mail may contain SEAKR Engineering (SEAKR) Confidential and Proprietary Information. If this message is not intended for you, you are strictly prohibited from using this message, its contents or attachments in any way. If you have received this message in error, please delete the message from your mailbox. This e-mail may contain export-controlled material and should be handled accordingly.