Subject: native X11 fonts stop being rendered as the desktop is shared; functionality is restored on unsharing.

From: Enrico Bertocchi <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2021 12:50:16 +0100

Package: x2goserver
Version: 4.1.0.3-4 (amd64, devuan Beowulf)

Running, let's say  "xfd -fn fixed" or any other sofware whose GUI is
based on native X11 fonts (mwm) from within a remote x2go session
(DISPLAY=:50), strings are rendered correctly until a second
connection to such display (via the "x2go/x11 Desktop Sharing"
facility) is established on the same :50 display, even with the same
user.

As soon as the connection is established, X11 fonts rendering stops
for both the clients and all X11 clients which rely on such feature
(e.g. mwm, or xfd) are shown with blank text boxes; applications which
rely on different font technologies (e.g. the sakura terminal) are not
affected.

As soon the second connection is closed, font rendering is restored
for the initial client, and writings reappear on the next window
refresh.

Such behavior is consistently reproduced at every attempt.

Both client connections are originated  from the same Centos 8
machine, with x2goclient 4.1.2.2 and disabled "set display DPI
setting" option.

Sincerely

 --
Enrico Bertocchi

---

From: Ulrich Sibiller <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2021 16:14:50 +0100

What is the version of the nxagent package?

Enrico Bertocchi <[email-masked]> schrieb am Sa., 27. Feb. 2021, 12:55:

> _______________________________________________
> x2go-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://lists.x2go.org/listinfo/x2go-dev
>

---

From: Ulrich Sibiller <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2021 18:41:59 +0100

I am sorry, I cannot seem to trigger this behaviour. Please post a
step by step instruction including all the software you are running.
For me this is working fine like this:
1. start and x2go desktop session with application /usr/bin/xterm
2. in the session run mwm &
3. in the session run xfd -fn fixed
4. connect to that session with a x2go shadow session (from a different client)

Uli

---

From: Enrico Bertocchi <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2021 00:04:20 +0100

nxagent declares version 3.5.99.22
I reproduce the problem with the same steps, if I got them correctly
 - I run a session with xterm as "custom desktop", from which I exec
the other two commands.
 - the "shadow session" is a "X2go/X11 desktop sharing" session on the
same display, with the same user.
Nvidia drivers+VirtualGL are probably the only strange thing
installed, but I'm not sure how could they interfere.

-- 
Enrico Bertocchi