Subject: X2Go client v4.1.2.x (mswin32) crashes when starting "gitk"

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2022 15:10:54 +0100

Hi,

I was able to reproduce this bug with the X2Go/NX-Libs packages in EPEL 
on CentOS7.

Using our current nightly builds, the problem is gone.
So I would consider it a server-side issue, probably with NX-Libs.

There seems to be a bit of a version mismatch between what is in EPEL 
and what is in heuler (our nightly builds), though.

I would hope that the problem fixes itself once we push a new release 
and EPEL copies it.

However, making sure that a release actually fixes the issue requires a 
closer look at the actual package contents in both EPEL and heuler.

It seems EPEL has built its version of NX-Libs not based on our sources 
but based on source hosted by Arctica, and decided to give the package a 
higher version number than what we are currently using for the packages 
in Heuler.
So this may cause some further trouble down the road.

Kind Regards,
Stefan Baur

-- 
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur
Eichenäckerweg 10, 89081 Ulm | Registergericht Ulm, HRB 724364
Fon/Fax 0731 40 34 66-36/-35 | USt-IdNr.: DE268653243