Subject: nx defaults for packing are always overridden

From: Ulrich Sibiller <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2020 13:02:09 +0100

Package: x2goclient
Version: 4.1.2.2

NX has built-in defaults for the image compression parameter which are
based on the selected connection speed. x2goclient does not honor
these defaults but always sets the compression method explicitly. This
means users who want to improve their performance by lowering the link
speed setting (e.g. from wan to adsl) will not get the image
compression nx thinks is best for the link speed but the one that is
pre-defined by x2goclient, which is always 16m-jpeg-9. So they will
not benefit from the best performance.

See https://github.com/ArcticaProject/nx-libs/issues/802 for a
description of the defaults:

-----------------------------------------------
There are some high level compression modes, too, that will map to one
from the list above:
- "lossy" will map to "16m-jpeg"
- "lossless" will map to "16m-rle-9" for link=lan and "16m-bitmap" for
all other link types.
- "adaptive" will choose lossy or lossless, depending on the
characteristics of the image

If no pack method is provided it will be set automatically from the
link parameter:
- modem: adaptive-3
- isdn: adaptive-5
- adsl: adaptive-7
- wan: adaptive-9
- lan: adaptive-9
-----------------------------------------------