Subject: Bug#1500: Wishlist Bug: look for Branding-/Background-SVGs in well-known locations

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 11:53:50 +0200

package: x2goclient
priority: wishlist

At the moment, X2GoClient has two SVGs "baked in", namely the ones for
the background image and the branding in the lower left corner.  These
can be overridden with command line parameters.

I would suggest a folder /usr/share/x2goclient/logos on Linux/macOS, and
<programsdir>\x2goclient\logos on Windows, where these SVGs are placed
instead. On Linux, /etc/x2goclient/logos should be a symlink to
/usr/share/x2goclient/logos.

On Client startup, it would then scan /etc/x2goclient/logos (or
<programsdir>\x2goclient\logos) for these files, and use them.

That way, swapping out these logos does not require adding --background
or --branding to the call - on Windows, you would simply overwrite them
with the logos of your choice, on Linux/macOS, you would replace the
symlink with an actual directory and place your custom logos there -
just like we do it for /etc/x2go/applications on the server.

The command line parameters should remain in the code to support legacy
installations.

It MAY make sense to keep a minimum set of logos "baked in" (maybe a
black on white "ERROR" text) to indicate when the file-based ones could
not be found.

Kind Regards,
Stefan Baur

-- 
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur
Eichenäckerweg 10, 89081 Ulm | Registergericht Ulm, HRB 724364
Fon/Fax 0731 40 34 66-36/-35 | USt-IdNr.: DE268653243