Subject: Bug#1492: Package: Multiple monitors / Xinerama crashes

From: John Watson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2020 16:01:49 -0700

Package: x2goserver-xsession
Version: 4.1.0.3-5

NOTE: this is CentOS8's epel8.playground.noarch package

Remove server environment:
  OS: CentOS 8 - 8.1.1911 (Core)
  x2goserver-xsession: x2goserver-xsession-4.1.0.3-5.epel8.playground.noarch
  nx-libs: nx-libs-3.5.99.23-1.epel8.playground.x86_64

Local server environment:
  OS: MacOS Catalina 10.15.6
  x2go: X2Go Client v. 4.1.2.2 (Qt -4.8.7)

When I invoke `xterm` or any other X11 app over x2go client on the
laptop alone (not connected to any external monitors), everything
works without any hiccups.

With multiple monitors connected, however, an existing session will
only render a blank screen locally, and the mouse pointer will
disappear.  When *creating* a new session, the remote server process
crashes with the following in /var/log/messages (CentOS equivalent of
/var/log/syslog)

Aug 30 14:08:39 <server host> kernel: [62624.705481]
x2goagent[2960736]: segfault at 0 ip 0000000000000000 sp
00007ffd426f92e8 error 14 in nxagent[5655328cb000+437000]

This looks strikingly similar to the bug described in
https://bugs.x2go.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=943, but it's now 2020
and I'm on the latest yum repo available to CentOS 8...

I've added "+xinerama" to X2GO_NXAGENT_DEFAULT_OPTIONS in
/etc/x2go/x2goagent.options and enabled it in the x2go client as well.
Should I attempt playing with building nx-libs from source myself and
installing?