Subject: Bug#1463: clipboard is unintentionally/automatically emptied

From: Tilo Winkler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2020 11:32:59 -0400

Package: x2goclient
Version: 4.1.2.2-0.0x2go1.1.git20200213.1926.main.x86_64

Expected behavior: <Ctrl>-V should paste the text at the cursor location 
that I had selected with the mouse (mouse selection is synced with the 
clipboard - same setting on the local and remote system).

Actual behavior: In a text editor, I select words/code with the mouse. 
Then I click at the target location and press <Ctrl>-V: very often, 
nothing happens.

When I open the clipboard stack by clicking on the clipboard icon in the 
KDE system tray,  I can see that the first item is empty. When I select 
the (second) item I wanted to copy, close the clipboard, wait a second 
and click on clipboard icon again, the first item is usually empty 
again. This behavior doesn't happen when I disable clipboard sharing 
between the local and remote system. I suspect that activity switching 
between different desktop elements triggers a copying to the (shared) 
clipboard as if I had clicked a mouse button so that the cursor without 
text selection causes the empty clipboard.

OS: openSUSE Leap 15.1 - on both sides: local and remote system
Server side:
x2goserver-x2goagent-4.1.0.4-0.0x2go1.0.git20200228.1815.heuler.x86_64
x2goserver-xsession-4.1.0.4-0.0x2go1.0.git20200228.1815.heuler.x86_64
x2goserver-4.1.0.4-0.0x2go1.0.git20200228.1815.heuler.x86_64
x2goserver-extensions-4.1.0.4-0.0x2go1.0.git20200228.1815.heuler.x86_64
x2goserver-common-4.1.0.4-0.0x2go1.0.git20200228.1815.heuler.x86_64

Client side:
x2goagent-3.5.0.32-3.1.x86_64
x2goclient-4.1.2.2-0.0x2go1.1.git20200213.1926.main.x86_64

Thank you!

-Tilo