Subject: Bug#1459: X2GoMiniSSHBroker

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2020 15:47:44 +0200

package: x2gobroker
priority: wishlist

Hi everyone,

A while ago, I wrote a small broker demo in bash.

I would like to get this added to X2Go's official repository, in the
x2gobroker.git tree, as a separate binpkg (maybe called
x2gobroker-ssh-mini).

Limitations:

1) This script is not suitable for a multi-server setup.
   It needs to run on the only X2GoServer there is.
   (There's an idea in the comments how to overcome this limitation,
   though.)
   This is, however, also its advantage: You don't need to mess with
   LDAP, postgres and NFS just to be able to use a central configuration
   for your X2GoClients.

2) It does not offer all the ACL options of the "big" broker
   implementations.

Problems:

1) There's currently no manpage for it.  All documentation is in the
   comments in the bash script.

2) IIRC, Alex made some changes to X2GoClient and/or X2GoServer that
   will cause this script to break - however, these changes are not part
   of our stable release yet.  So it should be possible to release this
   package right now, but it needs to be kept in mind that it will have
   to be adapted once Alex' changes make it to stable.
   This was related to more "chatter" about "Access granted" and similar
   status messages being exchanged between server/broker/client.

Script attached.

Kind Regards,
Stefan Baur

-- 
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur
Eichenäckerweg 10, 89081 Ulm | Registergericht Ulm, HRB 724364
Fon/Fax 0731 40 34 66-36/-35 | USt-IdNr.: DE268653243