Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#1458: Bug#1458: Bug#1458: Bug#1458: Bug#1458: Bug#1458: unattended Debian installations (using preseed) fail when x2gobroker-ssh is involved

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2020 22:20:40 +0200

Am 20.04.20 um 20:42 schrieb Mike Gabriel:
> On  So 19 Apr 2020 20:20:52 CEST, Stefan Baur wrote:
> 
>> Anyone curious enough to go through the groupadd source code for the
>> binaries that shipped in these two Debian releases in said time frame?
> 
> Would it make sense filing a bug against the appropriate Debian package???

Not if the code Uli has quoted has since been put there to fix the issue
you saw back when you added the workaround to our postinst script.

We should do "our" homework before filing a bug report and confusing the
maintainer(s) of groupadd, by reporting an issue that has already been
fixed since.

So $SOMEONE needs to look at the groupadd sources to confirm or rule out
that the lines Uli spotted have been put there after you wrote the
workaround, and we shouldn't place that burden on the nscd maintainer(s).

If it turns out that the code has already been there, yet you saw a need
to flush the nscd cache with your workaround, we need to create a list
of steps to reproduce the issue you ran into.

Because from looking at the code, as it is now, your workaround would
seem unnecessary - *if* the function in groupadd works as intended.

If not, we need to prove that it fails, in a reproducible way.  Then a
bug report against groupadd's package would be warranted.

Kind Regards,
Stefan Baur

-- 
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur
Eichenäckerweg 10, 89081 Ulm | Registergericht Ulm, HRB 724364
Fon/Fax 0731 40 34 66-36/-35 | USt-IdNr.: DE268653243