Subject: Bug#1458: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#1458: unattended Debian installations (using preseed) fail when x2gobroker-ssh is involved

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2020 16:45:06 +0200

Am 17.04.20 um 16:24 schrieb Ulrich Sibiller:
> I think it is a totally wrong approach to fiddle with nscd. Creating a
> group using system tools should take of that already. If not it's a
> bug, I'd say.

LOL.  nscd caching the wrong(TM) things at the wrong(TM) time is an
issue that's probably as old as Unix (or at least nscd) itself.  If you
take a look at the postinst script in question, you will see that it
does, in fact, use the system tools to add the group.  Still, it is
neccesary to flush the cache or things have a tendency to go wrong.

> Besides: what about sssd that can also cache groups?

That's a more interesting question, and we might have to add a check for
it as well.  But as of right now, sssd being installed in combination
with x2gobroker-ssh during a preseeded installation won't break anything.

-Stefan

-- 
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur
Eichenäckerweg 10, 89081 Ulm | Registergericht Ulm, HRB 724364
Fon/Fax 0731 40 34 66-36/-35 | USt-IdNr.: DE268653243