Subject: Bug#1456: Local window manager misbehaves when X2Go windows are open.

From: Itay Chamiel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2020 21:59:53 +0300

Package: x2goclient
Version: 4.1.2.2 or 4.1.1.1

Environment:
Client: Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, 64-bit, freshly installed and fully updated,
running X2Go Client v. 4.1.2.2 (Qt - 4.8.7). Machine is a Dell Vostro 15
3000 laptop, with an external monitor connected and the lid shut.
Server OS: Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS, x2goserver 4.1.0.3

Steps to reproduce:
1. Start with a typical local desktop session (tested on default Ubuntu
desktop as well as Cinnamon), with at least one window open (say, a web
browser or email client).
2. In X2Go define a session: set the session name, host, login, check "try
auto login". Session type: Single application, choose "Terminal" from the
drop-down.
3. Start this session. X2Go will connect and a "Konsole" window will
appear. [note: if you get a different terminal, go back to step 2 and type
"konsole" as the requested remote application. Konsole is not the only
terminal to exhibit this bug but is the easiest to reproduce it with.]
4. Type something in the terminal, "hello", whatever.
5. Now try to switch to another window using Alt-Tab or clicking on the
task bar icon representing that window.

When I perform these steps the requested window does not appear and the
Konsole remains on top and in focus. The only way to return to normal
behavior is to minimize the Konsole window.

---

From: Ulrich Sibiller <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2020 16:37:46 +0200

Mike#1 suggested this might be related to
https://github.com/ArcticaProject/nx-libs/issues/697

However, I never could reproduce that. And I also fail in reproducing
the konsole problem described here.

What is the local window manager you are using?

Uli

On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 9:05 PM Itay Chamiel <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Client: Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, 64-bit, freshly installed and fully updated, running X2Go Client v. 4.1.2.2 (Qt - 4.8.7). Machine is a Dell Vostro 15 3000 laptop, with an external monitor connected and the lid shut.
> 1. Start with a typical local desktop session (tested on default Ubuntu desktop as well as Cinnamon), with at least one window open (say, a web browser or email client).
> 2. In X2Go define a session: set the session name, host, login, check "try auto login". Session type: Single application, choose "Terminal" from the drop-down.
> 3. Start this session. X2Go will connect and a "Konsole" window will appear. [note: if you get a different terminal, go back to step 2 and type "konsole" as the requested remote application. Konsole is not the only terminal to exhibit this bug but is the easiest to reproduce it with.]
> 5. Now try to switch to another window using Alt-Tab or clicking on the task bar icon representing that window.
>
> When I perform these steps the requested window does not appear and the Konsole remains on top and in focus. The only way to return to normal behavior is to minimize the Konsole window.
>
> _______________________________________________
> x2go-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://lists.x2go.org/listinfo/x2go-dev

---

From: Itay Chamiel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 May 2020 13:24:05 +0300

This bug was 100% reproducible for myself and at least one work colleague
over several weeks. But recently it has stopped occurring, perhaps due to
an Ubuntu update. In any case I guess the bug can be closed. I will let you
know if it happens again. Thanks.