Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#1455: X2Go client does not connect from Windows WSL

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2020 10:31:08 +0200

Am 08.04.20 um 21:55 schrieb Chris Greenshields:
> Package: x2goclient
> Version: 4.1.2.2
> 
> A colleague is trying to connect the X2Go client to a remote machine
> from a Windows 10 PC. He can connect OK from the X2Go client running
> natively in Windows. His work uses the Windows Subsystem for Linux so
> he would like to run the x2goclient through that. Graphical
> applications themselves work fine, but when he attempts to connect the
> X2Go client to the remote machine, he gets the message below. I
> appreciate this is a low priority since he has a workable solution,
> but mainly wondered if anyone had encountered this issue before. 
> ...
> Warning: Overriding auxiliary X11 port with new value '1'
> Info: Falling back to file system X11 socket for accessing DISPLAY=:0
> Loop: PANIC! Can't determine the location of the X display socket
> Loop: PANIC! Error 2 'No such file or directory' checking '/tmp/.X11-unix
> Error: Error 2 'No such file or directory' checking '/tmp/.X11-unix
> Session: Session terminated...

This looks like the default status log from X2GoClient's info window.
We might get a more detailed (and thus, potentially more helpful) error
log out of it if your colleague installs the debug version of X2GoClient
(that's a checkbox during install), then opens cmd.exe and runs
x2goclient like so (after changing into the directory where the X2Go
executables reside, most likely "C:\Program Files (x86)\x2goclient\"):

x2goclient.debug.exe --debug >%TEMP%\x2godebug.txt 2>&1

After that, the file %TEMP%\x2godebug.txt should contain the debug log,
which you should forward to [email-masked] after
anonymizing/pseudonymizing any confidential information (like user
account names, IP addresses and the like).

Kind Regards,
Stefan Baur

-- 
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur
Eichenäckerweg 10, 89081 Ulm | Registergericht Ulm, HRB 724364
Fon/Fax 0731 40 34 66-36/-35 | USt-IdNr.: DE268653243