Subject: Bug#1455: X2Go client does not connect from Windows WSL

From: Chris Greenshields <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2020 19:55:41 +0000

Package: x2goclient
Version: 4.1.2.2

A colleague is trying to connect the X2Go client to a remote machine
from a Windows 10 PC. He can connect OK from the X2Go client running
natively in Windows. His work uses the Windows Subsystem for Linux so
he would like to run the x2goclient through that. Graphical
applications themselves work fine, but when he attempts to connect the
X2Go client to the remote machine, he gets the message below. I
appreciate this is a low priority since he has a workable solution,
but mainly wondered if anyone had encountered this issue before. 
...
Warning: Overriding auxiliary X11 port with new value '1'
Info: Falling back to file system X11 socket for accessing DISPLAY=:0
Loop: PANIC! Can't determine the location of the X display socket
Loop: PANIC! Error 2 'No such file or directory' checking '/tmp/.X11-unix
Error: Error 2 'No such file or directory' checking '/tmp/.X11-unix
Session: Session terminated...