Subject: Better explain fullscreen keyboard shortcuts usage on multi display setup

From: Olivier Gauthier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2020 13:17:48 -0400

Package: wiki.x2go.org

Add missing keyboard shortcut Shift + Ctrl + Alt + F to x2goclient 
documentation.

I spent an hour trying to figure why my X2Go session would not want to
go fullscreen over all my screens like I normally do.

I realized I always used Ctrl + Alt + F to go fullscreen as explained at
https://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/doc:usage:x2goclient. That gave me 
fullscreen
session spanning over all multi display screens as expected.

However, without noticing it, I started using Shift + Ctrl + Alt + F
this morning because my muscle memory have been trained while using
Guacamole menu shortcut (uses Shift-Ctrl-Alt keys to toggle menu).

I did not notice at first, because Shift + Ctrl + Alt + F also works on
X2Go Client, but it only go fullscreen on current display screen.

It puzzled me for a while today, so I went back to wiki page, to figure
I have been using wrong shortcut.

I verified code for key bindings 
(https://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=nx-libs.git;a=blob;f=etc/keystrokes.cfg;hb=HEAD) 

and it effectively offers two clever options to go full screen on multi
displays.

 > 4 <keystroke action="switch_all_screens" Control="1" AltMeta="1" 
key="f" />
 > 5 <keystroke action="fullscreen" Control="1" Shift="1" AltMeta="1" 
key="f" />

Here is two wiki patches to help clarify documentation around full 
screen usage
on multi display setups. Feel free to rephrase any way you want.

-- 
Olivier

-- 
doc/usage/x2goclient.txt
70c70,71
<   * Ctrl + Alt + F: toggle fullscreen/windowed
---
 >   * Ctrl + Alt + F: toggle windowed/fullscreen over all screens
 >   * Shift + Ctrl + Alt + F: toggle windowed/fullscreen on current 
screen only

doc/usage/multi-display.txt
19a20,26
 >
 > ===== Use keyboard shortcuts to go fullscreen over one or all 
displays  =====
 >
 > There is two different ways to enter fullscreen from keyboard 
shortcuts. One goes fullscreen over all screens, the other goes 
fullscreen only on current screen.
 >
 >   * Ctrl + Alt + F: toggle windowed/fullscreen over all screens
 >   * Shift + Ctrl + Alt + F: toggle windowed/fullscreen on current 
screen only

---

From: Ulrich Sibiller <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 May 2020 17:00:39 +0200

done. Thanks!

On Mon, May 4, 2020 at 2:57 PM Olivier Gauthier <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> x2go-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://lists.x2go.org/listinfo/x2go-dev