Subject: Fwd: Arrow keys randomly stop working in x2go

From: "stivstivsti ." <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2020 19:45:59 +0700

Package: x2goclient
Version: 4.1.2.2

I am connecting from Ubuntu Linux 18 to another Ubuntu linux machine with
x2go. Connection works, but some keys don't, especially arrow keys. When I
press up arrow, it starts screen capture:

I tried some recipes from this question:
https://serverfault.com/questions/582552/x2go-arrow-key-is-not-working-properly
but
they don't help. *setxkbmap us -print | xkbcomp - $DISPLAY* -- doesn't fix
the problem. I tried to play with keyboard settings here:

but it doesn't help also. How can I fix it?

I've followed instruction from wiki.x2go.org updating x2goclient to
4.1.2.2-0~1913~ubuntu18.04.1 and x2goserver to
4.1.0.3-0~1708~ubuntu18.04.1. The problem is still there.

---

From: Ulrich Sibiller <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 May 2020 20:46:05 +0200

Well, this kind of problem should not happen nowadays. So I am very
interested how this could happen. I ask you to provide some more
information:

1. please run setxkbmap -query both outside and inside the (broken) session
and report the output.

1b) If the output differs, you can try to run (inside the session)
setxkbmap -rules ... -model ... -layout ... -variant ... -option ...
with the values the _local_ setxkmap -query reports. Does that help?

2. what kind of session are you using? Are you accessing a running X
server? Is this happening for all kinds of sessions?

3. What desktop environment are you using locally?

4. What's the keyboard configuration in the x2goclient session
configuration?

5. is this happening for new sessions, on reconnect or both?

6. what's the version of nxagent on the server (run 'xprop -root | grep NX'
inside the session)?

7. please post the content of /etc/x2go/x2goagent.options

8. on the server you have ~/.x2go/C-something, which is the session dir.
You'll find a file called "options" there. Please post that file. You can
also scan the session.log for hints what might be going wrong with the
keyboard configuration.

9. Has this worked before for you?

Uli

On Sun, May 3, 2020 at 2:13 PM stivstivsti . <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> https://serverfault.com/questions/582552/x2go-arrow-key-is-not-working-properly but
> they don't help. *setxkbmap us -print | xkbcomp - $DISPLAY* -- doesn't
> fix the problem. I tried to play with keyboard settings here:
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> x2go-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://lists.x2go.org/listinfo/x2go-dev
>