Subject: Bug#1437: When connecting to X2go server the client reports 'Cannot create remote file ~<user>/.x2go/ssh/key.xxxxxx'

From: Ulrich Moser <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2020 11:35:08 +0100

Package: x2goclient

Version: 4.1.2.1 (Qt - 4.8.7)

Platform server: Ubuntu-Mate 18.04 LTS

Platform client: Ubuntu-Mare 18.04 LTS

Since some time whenever I try to connect to the X2Go server I get an
error saying that the client cannot create the remote ssh key file (see
subject where xxxxxx represents a random part which is generated with
every new connection. Still the client starts and I can access my server
session. Looking at the remote home dir the directory .x2go/ssh exists
and is writeable for the user. I checked the directory and it is empty.

x2go server version reported by /usr/bin/x2goversion
: 0.0.1.6
: 4.1.0.3
: 4.1.0.3
: 4.1.0.3
: 4.1.0.3
: 4.1.0.3
: 3.5.99.22
: 4.1.0.3

-- 

ZPK Logo

*ZPK Moser UG* (haftungsbeschränkt)

Ulrich Moser - Geschäftsführer
NLP-Trainer und Coach
Schlossstraße 7 - 78244 Gottmadingen

Tel.: 	+49 (0)7734 395 494
Mobil: 	+49 (0)179 915 54 18
Fax: 	+49 (0)7734 395 303
Mail: 	[email-masked]
Web: 	www.zpk-moser.de

HRB 707123 Amtsgericht Freiburg
USt.-ID DE278278037

*Pflichtinformationen gemäß Artikel 13 DSGVO*
Im Falle des Erstkontakts sind wir gemäß Art. 12, 13 DSGVO verpflichtet,
Ihnen folgende datenschutzrechtliche Pflichtinformationen zur Verfügung
zu stellen: Wenn Sie uns per E-Mail kontaktieren, verarbeiten wir Ihre
personenbezogenen Daten nur, soweit an der Verarbeitung ein berechtigtes
Interesse besteht (Art. 6 Abs. 1 lit. f DSGVO), Sie in die
Datenverarbeitung eingewilligt haben (Art. 6 Abs. 1 lit. a DSGVO), die
Verarbeitung für die Anbahnung, Begründung, inhaltliche Ausgestaltung
oder Änderung eines Rechtsverhältnisses zwischen Ihnen und uns
erforderlich sind (Art. 6 Abs. 1 lit. b DSGVO) oder eine sonstige
Rechtsnorm die Verarbeitung gestattet. Ihre personenbezogenen Daten
verbleiben bei uns, bis Sie uns zur Löschung auffordern, Ihre
Einwilligung zur Speicherung widerrufen oder der Zweck für die
Datenspeicherung entfällt (z. B. nach abgeschlossener Bearbeitung Ihres
Anliegens). Zwingende gesetzliche Bestimmungen – insbesondere steuer-
und handelsrechtliche Aufbewahrungsfristen – bleiben unberührt. Sie
haben jederzeit das Recht, unentgeltlich Auskunft über Herkunft,
Empfänger und Zweck Ihrer gespeicherten personenbezogenen Daten zu
erhalten. Ihnen steht außerdem ein Recht auf Widerspruch, auf
Datenübertragbarkeit und ein Beschwerderecht bei der zuständigen
Aufsichtsbehörde zu. Ferner können Sie die Berichtigung, die Löschung
und unter bestimmten Umständen die Einschränkung der Verarbeitung Ihrer
personenbezogenen Daten verlangen. Details entnehmen Sie unserer
Datenschutzerklärung <https://zpk-moser.de/index.php/datenschutzerklaerung>.

*Information Provided as Mandated by Article 13 GDPR*
If this is your first interaction with us, Art. 12, 13 GDPR mandates
that we make available to you the following mandatory data protection
related information: If you are contacting us via e-mail, we will
process your personal data only if we have a legitimate interest in the
processing of this data (Art. 6 Sect. 1 lit. f GDPR), if you have
consented to the processing of your data (Art. 6 Sect. 1 lit. a GDPR),
if the processing of the data is required for the development,
establishment, content or modification of a legal relationship between
you and our company (Art. 6 Sect. 1 lit. b GDPR) or if any other legal
provision permits the processing of this data. Your personal data will
remain in our possession until you ask us to delete the data or you
revoke your consent to store the data or if the purpose the data stored
is required for no longer exists (e.g. once your request has been
conclusively processed). This shall be without prejudice to any
compelling statutory provisions – in particular tax and commercial law
based retention periods. You have the right to at any time receive free
information concerning the origins, recipients and purpose of your data
archived by us. You also have a right to object, to data portability and
a right to log a complaint with the competent supervisory agency.
Moreover, you can demand the correction, eradication and, under certain
circumstances, the restriction of the processing of your personal data.
For more details, please consult our Data Privacy Policy
<https://zpk-moser.de/index.php/datenschutzerklaerung>.