Subject: Update Tumbleweed packages for Perl 5.30

From: Tristan Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2019 22:02:38 +0100

Package: x2goserver
Version: 4.1.0.4
Tags: rpm-packages

Various openSUSE Tumbleweed packages for the X2Go server are built in
such a way that they require Perl 5.28.1. However, Tumbleweed no longer
distributes that version of Perl; it now distributes only Perl 5.30.1.
This means that it is impossible to install these X2Go server packages
on the most recent release of Tumbleweed, and for Tumbleweed systems
where those X2Go server packages were already installed, it is
impossible to upgrade Tumbleweed without removing the X2Go server:

$ sudo zypper dup
[sudo] password for root: 
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...
Warning: You are about to do a distribution upgrade with all enabled
repositories. Make sure these repositories are compatible before you
continue. See 'man zypper' for more information about this command.
Computing distribution upgrade...
9 Problems:
Problem:
x2goserver-common-4.1.0.4-0.0x2go1.0.git20191106.1811.heuler.x86_64
requires perl(:MODULE_COMPAT_5.28.1), but this requirement cannot be
provided
Problem: perl-5.28.1-3.4.x86_64 requires perl-base = 5.28.1,
but this requirement cannot be provided
Problem:
perl-X2Go-Server-DB-4.1.0.4-0.0x2go1.0.git20191106.1811.heuler.x86_64
requires perl(:MODULE_COMPAT_5.28.1), but this requirement cannot be
provided
Problem:
perl-X2Go-Server-4.1.0.4-0.0x2go1.0.git20191106.1811.heuler.x86_64
requires perl(:MODULE_COMPAT_5.28.1), but this requirement cannot be
provided
Problem:
perl-X2Go-Log-4.1.0.4-0.0x2go1.0.git20191106.1811.heuler.x86_64
requires perl(:MODULE_COMPAT_5.28.1), but this requirement cannot be
provided
Problem:
x2goserver-4.1.0.4-0.0x2go1.0.git20191106.1811.heuler.x86_64 requires
perl(:MODULE_COMPAT_5.28.1), but this requirement cannot be provided

Simply telling zypper to keep the obsolete packages doesn't work as
this ends up in a rabbit-hole of seemingly irresolvable dependency
issues.