Subject: Bug#1426: [pulseaudio]: Denied access to client with invalid authentication data

From: Walid MOGHRABI <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2019 19:18:32 +0100

package: x2gothinclient-displaymanager
priority: bug

Hi,
Since very recent pulseaudio updates on Ubuntu 18.04, when opening a new
X2Go session in thinclient mode, I get no sound inside the session.
I'm using XFCE as my desktop on a Ubuntu 16.04 x2go server setup and in
pavucontrol, it says that it can't contact the pulseaudio server, retrying
every 5s.

I managed to find the solution to this issue, this is the pulseaudio server
that is spawned by the /usr/sbin/x2gothinclientd script.
Apparently, we need now to explicitly authorize anonymous connections to
the server and thus, here is a quick patch I did to make things work again
as before.

This is a very simple one, I hope you apply it soon so that I can remove
that patch from my build process.

Cheers !

--- /usr/sbin/x2gothinclientd
+++ /usr/sbin/x2gothinclientd
@@ -182,7 +182,7 @@
  if ( !check_pulse() )
  {
  system("su - x2gothinclient -c \"DISPLAY=:0 pulseaudio -D " .
-       "-L 'module-native-protocol-tcp port=4713 ' " .
+       "-L 'module-native-protocol-tcp port=4713 auth-anonymous=1' " .
        "--exit-idle-time=65535\"");
  }