Subject: x2gomatebindings breaks caja locale in MATE

From: Иван <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2019 11:50:43 +0300

Package: x2gomatebindings
Version: 0.0.1.6

When logging with any client some MATE desktop icons and menu entries 
appear in default English language, instead of language set by system 
locale (see included screenshot).

Reason: libcaja-x2goumount.so overrides previously loaded by caja locale 
file with it's own nearly empty file (that is even not existing for many 
languages). This behavior also can be discovered on older versions.

Possible found workarounds:

0. Remove libcaja-x2goumount.so (fixes bug but you lack the umount 
function).

1. Take contents of caja package locale file for your language from 
https://github.com/mate-desktop/caja/tree/master/po and put it into the 
x2gousbmount locale file x2goumount.po in 
/usr/local/share/locale/<your_locale>/. (Best for now)

2. Build x2gomatebindings without locale file support (that is not 
really necessary, due to only one added menu entry). This is done by 
commenting out bindtextdomain strings in 
extension/caja-x2goumount-module.c.

As addition to this, default system locale folder for Debian is 
/usr/share/locale and x2gomatebindings package founds its locale files 
only in /usr/local/share/locale. Workaround: symlink in /usr/local/share 
pointing to /usr/share/locale

Server machine: Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster) 4.19.0-6-amd64 #1 SMP 
Debian 4.19.67-2+deb10u2 (2019-11-11) x86_64 GNU/Linux

Package versions: libx2go-config-perl 4.1.0.3-4
libx2go-log-perl 4.1.0.3-4
libx2go-server-db-perl 4.1.0.3-4
libx2go-server-perl 4.1.0.3-4
libx2go-utils-perl 4.1.0.3-4
x2go-keyring 2019.08.20+git20190820.118+10.main.1
x2gomatebindings 0.0.1.6-0~x2go1+git20181121.212+10.main.1
x2goserver 4.1.0.3-4
x2goserver-common 4.1.0.3-4
x2goserver-extensions 4.1.0.3-4
x2goserver-fmbindings 4.1.0.3-4
x2goserver-printing 4.1.0.3-4
x2goserver-x2goagent 4.1.0.3-4
x2goserver-xsession 4.1.0.3-4
x2gothinclient-management 1.5.0.1-0x2go2+git20191129.725+10.main.1
x2gothinclientmanagement 1.5.0.0-0x2go1+git20181202.691+10.main.1

mate-desktop 1.20.4-2
mate-desktop-common 1.20.4-2

caja 1.20.3-1+b1
caja-common 1.20.3-1
caja-extensions-common 1.20.2-1
caja-sendto 1.20.2-1
libcaja-extension1:amd64 1.20.3-1+b1