Subject: Clipboard copy-paste not reliable in Windows 10 (x2goclient) to Linux CentOs (x2goserver)

From: Antoine Tran <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2019 11:08:43 +0100

Package: x2goserver
Version: =4.1.0.3
Tags: clipboard copy paste

Environment x2goclient: Windows 10 17763, x2goclient 
x2goclient-4.1.2.0-2018.06.22-setup.exe 
<https://code.x2go.org/releases/binary-win32/x2goclient/releases/4.1.2.0-2018.06.22/x2goclient-4.1.2.0-2018.06.22-setup.exe>

Environement x2goserver: Linux CentOs 7.7, 
x2goserver-4.1.0.3-3.el7.x86_64.rpm
<https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/7/x86_64/Packages/x/x2goserver-4.1.0.3-3.el7.x86_64.rpm>

Dear all,

The clipboard in the past versions until now are not really reliable. 
Many times I have to close the x2goclient window, and reconnect to make 
it work again. I have some issue to find a reproduce way, but it is 
occurs oftenly. When it is broken, I can copy paste in CentOs, but not 
from it to Windows. But then in Windows I can copy paste too, but only 
from it, as if there were two clipboard. Sometime, it symptom is 
different: there is a freeze of 3s when in CentOs it tries to copy or to 
paste from Windows. Sometime, the paste in Windows simply paste nothing, 
or just a space, but it still work in CentOs.

Clipboard is very handy when it works, so this issue is very 
inconvenient, sometime I have to close/open the x2goclient many times a 
day because of this issue. Also, changing clipboard mode from client to 
server only does not seems to work better. Thank you.

Yours sincerely,

Antoine