Subject: Bug#1422: Clipboard copy-paste not reliable in Windows 10 (x2goclient) to Linux CentOs (x2goserver)

From: Antoine Tran <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2019 11:08:43 +0100

Package: x2goserver
Version: =4.1.0.3
Tags: clipboard copy paste

Environment x2goclient: Windows 10 17763, x2goclient 
x2goclient-4.1.2.0-2018.06.22-setup.exe 
<https://code.x2go.org/releases/binary-win32/x2goclient/releases/4.1.2.0-2018.06.22/x2goclient-4.1.2.0-2018.06.22-setup.exe>

Environement x2goserver: Linux CentOs 7.7, 
x2goserver-4.1.0.3-3.el7.x86_64.rpm
<https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/7/x86_64/Packages/x/x2goserver-4.1.0.3-3.el7.x86_64.rpm>

Dear all,

The clipboard in the past versions until now are not really reliable. 
Many times I have to close the x2goclient window, and reconnect to make 
it work again. I have some issue to find a reproduce way, but it is 
occurs oftenly. When it is broken, I can copy paste in CentOs, but not 
from it to Windows. But then in Windows I can copy paste too, but only 
from it, as if there were two clipboard. Sometime, it symptom is 
different: there is a freeze of 3s when in CentOs it tries to copy or to 
paste from Windows. Sometime, the paste in Windows simply paste nothing, 
or just a space, but it still work in CentOs.

Clipboard is very handy when it works, so this issue is very 
inconvenient, sometime I have to close/open the x2goclient many times a 
day because of this issue. Also, changing clipboard mode from client to 
server only does not seems to work better. Thank you.

Yours sincerely,

Antoine

---

From: Ulrich Sibiller <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2019 11:39:08 +0100

On Tue, Dec 10, 2019 at 11:10 AM Antoine Tran
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> The clipboard in the past versions until now are not really reliable. Many times I have to close the x2goclient window, and reconnect to make it work again. I have some issue to find a reproduce way, but it is occurs oftenly. When it is broken, I can copy paste in CentOs, but not from it to Windows. But then in Windows I can copy paste too, but only from it, as if there were two clipboard. Sometime, it symptom is different: there is a freeze of 3s when in CentOs it tries to copy or to paste from Windows. Sometime, the paste in Windows simply paste nothing, or just a space, but it still work in CentOs.
>
> Clipboard is very handy when it works, so this issue is very inconvenient, sometime I have to close/open the x2goclient many times a day because of this issue. Also, changing clipboard mode from client to server only does not seems to work better. Thank you.

I have done some work on the clipboard code (again), so hopefully the
next nx version (3.5.99.23) will improve the situation. I am not
really sure why the situation has become worse in recent times (as I
conclude from various reports). Please ensure you do _not_ have a
clipboard manager running in CentOS. This it not supported an will
cause unexpected problems.

Uli

---

From: Antoine Tran <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2019 13:14:26 +0100

Thank you!

On 10/12/2019 11:39, Ulrich Sibiller wrote:
> conclude from various reports).
When it will be available, can you tell me in which version of 
x2go(client/server) it will be fixed, thank you.
> Please ensure you do _not_ have a

I didn't know about clipboard manager. This should be written in 
https://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/doc:de-compat I guess. Anyway, I use 
Kde4, and it turns out that Klipper is enabled by default. But even when 
I disable it, I reproduce the issue.