Subject: Bug#142: x2goclient output on stdout

From: Kjell Otto <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 13:51:25 +0100

Package: x2goclient
Version: 4.0.0.4

The x2goclient has extreme output on stdout while running. It's more
noise then signal and therefor, I've wrapped all the printouts with
#ifdef DEBUG and a #undef DEBUG on the onmainwindow.cpp file.

Then I've added in printout statements that are parsable with numbered
output and category so that a normal run of the x2goclient would
output like this:

$ ./client_build/x2goclient --session=x2goserver_RZ --add-to-known-hosts --hide
x2go-INFO-001> Starting x2goclient...
x2go-WARN-001> Can't load translator: :/x2goclient_en_us
x2go-WARN-002> Can't load translator: :/qt_en_US
x2go-INFO-004> Started  x2goclient.
x2go-INFO-005> $HOME=/home/kjellski
x2go-INFO-029> Starting connection to server: 10.3.0.20:22
x2go-INFO-031> SSH connection established.
x2go-INFO-011> Closing x2goclient...
x2go-INFO-018> Waiting for the SSH connection to finish...
x2go-INFO-019> Waited  for the SSH connection to finish.
x2go-INFO-028> Closed  x2goclient.
$

No GUI will be shown and no try Icons appear. This reflects a bit more
the --hide param and can be used to make a shortcut to the client that
will just open the window.

Also I've added a log method and provided a script that lets you show
all outputs on the file.

All changes can be found on this repository in the branch stdout-cleanup:

https://github.com/kjellski/x2goclient/tree/stdout-cleanup

If any additional help from my side is required, please contact me and
I try to support the process.

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2013 16:08:49 +0100

Hi Otto,

> I try to support the process.

yes, help is required.

1. Create fresh (tmp) branch
2. pull over your patches you wish applied in x2goclient.git
3. rebase, boil all single commits down to one commit
4. send the URL to the exact patch/diff for review

Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, rothenstein 5, 24214 neudorf-bornstein
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb

---

From: Kjell Otto <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 13:51:28 +0100

Hi Mike,

here is my patch boiled down to one commit. You can look at it before
you apply it here:
https://github.com/kjellski/x2goclient/compare/master...debug-cleanup

Greetings,
Kjellski

---

From: Kjell Otto <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 22:18:40 +0100

Hi Mike,

unfortunatly, I seem to have missed a bug that was introduced by this
patch regarding windows builds.
Since I was testing and releasing everything under linux and mac, I
missed it in the first patch. I'm really
sorry for this. Please find the corrected patch attached.

The issue was caused by, patch applied, line 9055 which was then
trying to access undefined variables.
I seem to have falsely uncommented the line while correcting the other
printouts:

@@ -8833,7 +9051,9 @@ void ONMainWindow::startWinServers()
         startPulsed();
     }
 // #ifdef CFGCLIENT
-//     x2goDebug<<"xorg settings: "<<startXorgOnStart <<" "<< useXming<<endl;
+
+    //x2goDebug<<"Xorg settings: "<< startXorgOnStart <<" useXming:
"<< useXming;
+
     if ( useInternalX && (internalX== XMING))
     {
 // #endif

Before, the patch was uncommenting the line above, which was wrong.

I was now able to build the client under windows and linux, and mac :)

Greetings,
Kjellski