Subject: Bug#1418: Attempting to input an IPv6 address as an SSH proxy fails

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2019 00:40:17 +0100

package: x2goclient
version: 4.1.2.1

Attempting to input an IPv6 address as an SSH proxy fails:
As soon as you enter an IPv6 address (even as simple as ::1), the ssh
proxy host name field will be empty, and the port value will change from
22 to 0.

If you try a "fake" address like 1:2:3:4:5:6, then the ssh proxy host
name becomes 1, and the port number becomes 2.

Clearly, this is not how it should be.

IPv6 support in general is working: If you specify a DNS name that has
an IPv6 address record, it will be used.

Also, using an IPv6 address as the actual X2Go host name works just
fine. It only affects the ssh proxy host name field.

Kind Regards,
Stefan Baur

-- 
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur
Eichenäckerweg 10, 89081 Ulm | Registergericht Ulm, HRB 724364
Fon/Fax 0731 40 34 66-36/-35 | USt-IdNr.: DE268653243