Subject: Re: Bug#1417: Unable to find the sftp-server binary

From: Mihai Moldovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2020 18:47:14 +0100

Control: reassign -1 x2goclient 4.1.1.1-2
Control: tags -1 moreinfo

Please mention your client OS the next time around! I'm pretty sure that it's
Ubuntu 18.04/bionic based on the openssh-sftp-server package's version number,
but such information is often helpful.

> My path is as follows
> PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/snap/bin

Looks fine in general, but let's look for sftp-server...

> which sftp
> /usr/bin/sftp

Nope, sorry, useless. sftp is the sftp client binary, but X2Go Client is looking
for the sftp server binary (as part of the folder sharing/printing support).

Can you please re-run "which sftp-server"?

> i currently have sftp installed
> ii  openssh-sftp-server                        1:7.6p1-4ubuntu0.3

Weird.

dpkg -L openssh-sftp-server

should include both

/usr/lib/openssh/sftp-server
/usr/lib/sftp-server

Right?

/usr/lib/sftp-server should be a symlink to /usr/lib/openssh/sftp-server, which
should be a real binary.

If the files exist, run
ls -ldh /usr/lib/openssh/sftp-server /usr/lib/sftp-server

Incidentally, there *is* a bug in X2Go Client, which... looks for the wrong
binary name when using Qt 5. I managed to look for "sftp-binary" instead of
"sftp-server", which is just braindead. However, funnily, this only caused
trouble if the sftp-server binary was bundled or contained in a system path,
which shouldn't be the case. This bug should now be fixed in our nightly
packages, but it doesn't explain the problem you're experiencing.

Mihai