Subject: Unable to find the sftp-server binary

From: "Nathan D'Elboux" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2019 21:52:18 +1100

Package: x2goclient
Verison: 4.1.1.1-2

>From a Linux desktop i launch x2go client and auth into my
remote MATE desktop Ubuntu x2go server. Upon successfully auth to host
i receive the below error

"Unable to find the sftp-server binary. Neither bundled nor found in
$PATH no additional directories.

If you are using a Linux based OS please ask your sys admin to install
the package containing the sftp-server binary."
It then provides the names of the binaries to install, i do have all
of the necessary ssh and ssh server and sftp related binaries
installed.

Then it states to contact this email if the problem exists.

My path is as follows
PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/snap/bin

which sftp
/usr/bin/sftp

i currently have sftp installed
ii  openssh-sftp-server                        1:7.6p1-4ubuntu0.3

Once you acknowledge the error and press Ok it exists the session

thanks,
Nathan