Subject: Bug#1403: Add packages for openSUSE Leap 15.1

From: Tristan Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2019 08:41:05 +0200

Package: x2goclient
Version: 4.1.2.2
Tags: rpm-packages

The repository at <http://packages.x2go.org/> contains packages for
openSUSE Leap 15.0, which has end of life on 2019-11-25.

Please consider adding packages for the current version of the OS,
openSUSE Leap 15.1, which was released on 2019-05-22 and will be
supported until 2020-11-22.

I've filed this bug against x2goclient but the same request applies to
x2goserver and ancillary x2go packages.

---

From: Tristan Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2019 14:49:15 +0100

The openSUSE project produces its own X2Go packages for Leap 15.1,
which are available at
<http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/X11:/RemoteDesktop:/x2go/openSUSE_Leap_15.1/>.
However, that repository is also missing the package for x2goclient.

Between the missing packages from the openSUSE repository and the X2Go
repository, this means it is not possible to install x2goclient via RPM
on openSUSE Leap 15.1.  I guess the only way to get x2goclient working
on a current Leap system is to compile from source.

A downstream bug report is available on the openSUSE Bugzilla:
<https://bugzilla.opensuse.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1137870>

---

From: Tristan Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2019 13:29:56 +0100

Since filing this bug, it seems the problem has been partially fixed: a
nightly build now appears in the "heuler" repository, though the latest
stable release of x2goclient is still missing from the "main"
repository.

---

From: Tristan Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2020 10:08:17 +0200

The stable x2goclient package for openSUSE 15.1 seems to have magically
appeared in the "main" repository. This bug can be closed.