Subject: Bug#140: x2gobroker: agent-query-mode in sessionprofiles ignored

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2013 18:07:30 +0100

tag #140 wontfix
thanks

Hi Anders,

On Mi 06 Mär 2013 15:22:52 CET Anders Bruun Olsen wrote:

> Package: x2gobroker
> Version: 0.0.0.6
>
> Having agent-query-mode=SSH set in a profile in
> /etc/x2go/broker/x2gobroker-sessionprofiles.conf is ignored. Instead
> default-agent-query-mode from /etc/x2go/x2gobroker.conf is used.
> When trying to login with x2goclient, this is logged on x2gobroker:
>
> 2013-03-06 15:17:23,997 - broker - DEBUG -
> base_broker.X2GoBroker.get_agent_query_mode(): found
> default-agent-query-mode in global config section: local
>

Indeed the option agent-query-mode is ignored in  
x2gobroker-sessionprofiles.conf, as it is only available in the  
backend sections of x2gobroker.conf.

The more generic agent-query-mode definitely is SSH. The mode LOCAL is  
only sensible if the broker serves a single multi-node farm and is  
part of that farm (or at least has access to the session DB of that  
single farm). One possible use case is the Debian Edu / Skolelinux  
setup.

And: to make the broker install out-of-the-box I have to set the  
default to LOCAL, though.

Please add agent-query-mode to the inifile backend in x2gobroker.conf  
or set the global option default-agent-query-mode to SSH.

> I see that the new autologin (which works) uses self.get_profile_broker()
> instead of self.config to access settings. This might be the source of the
> problem?

I could not find the usage of self.get_profile_broker() in  
self.get_agent_query_mode(). If I missed something, can you point me  
to the exact line?

Greets,
Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, rothenstein 5, 24214 neudorf-bornstein
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb