Subject: Bug#140: x2gobroker: agent-query-mode in sessionprofiles ignored

From: Anders Bruun Olsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 15:22:52 +0100

Package: x2gobroker
Version: 0.0.0.6

Having agent-query-mode=SSH set in a profile in
/etc/x2go/broker/x2gobroker-sessionprofiles.conf is ignored. Instead
default-agent-query-mode from /etc/x2go/x2gobroker.conf is used.
When trying to login with x2goclient, this is logged on x2gobroker:

2013-03-06 15:17:23,997 - broker - DEBUG -
base_broker.X2GoBroker.get_agent_query_mode(): found
default-agent-query-mode in global config section: local

I see that the new autologin (which works) uses self.get_profile_broker()
instead of self.config to access settings. This might be the source of the
problem?

-- 
Anders Bruun Olsen
It-ansvarlig
Det Danske Sprog- og Litteraturselskab
(Society for Danish Language and Literature)

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2013 18:07:30 +0100

tag #140 wontfix
thanks

Hi Anders,

> default-agent-query-mode in global config section: local

Indeed the option agent-query-mode is ignored in  
x2gobroker-sessionprofiles.conf, as it is only available in the  
backend sections of x2gobroker.conf.

The more generic agent-query-mode definitely is SSH. The mode LOCAL is  
only sensible if the broker serves a single multi-node farm and is  
part of that farm (or at least has access to the session DB of that  
single farm). One possible use case is the Debian Edu / Skolelinux  
setup.

And: to make the broker install out-of-the-box I have to set the  
default to LOCAL, though.

Please add agent-query-mode to the inifile backend in x2gobroker.conf  
or set the global option default-agent-query-mode to SSH.

> instead of self.config to access settings. This might be the source of the

I could not find the usage of self.get_profile_broker() in  
self.get_agent_query_mode(). If I missed something, can you point me  
to the exact line?

Greets,
Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, rothenstein 5, 24214 neudorf-bornstein
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de

freeBusy:
https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb

---

From: Anders Bruun Olsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 18:15:26 +0100

2013/3/6 Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
> x2gobroker-sessionprofiles.**conf, as it is only available in the backend
> sections of x2gobroker.conf.
>

Right. My mistake. My understanding was "per profile", not "per backend",
even though it clearly says per-broker-backend in the comment. Concept
confusion I'm afraid.

> self.get_agent_query_mode(). If I missed something, can you point me to the
> exact line?
>

In branch 0.0.0.6 from git:
abo@x2go-broker:~/x2gobroker/x2gobroker$ grep -n self.get_profile_broker
brokers/base_broker.py
478:        _profile = self.get_profile_broker(profile_id)
504:        _profile = self.get_profile_broker(profile_id)

But that was just me trying to figure out why the autologin setting was
being picked up from x2gobroker-sessionprofiles.conf while agent-query-mode
wasn't. Since the answer is, that it works as intended, this last part is a
non-issue as well.

---

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2013 18:42:21 +0100

close #140
thanks

Hi Anders,

> wasn't. Since the answer is, that it works as intended, this last part is a

Marking this issue as done, then.

Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31

freeBusy:

---

From: [email-masked] (X2Go Bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2013 17:42:39 +0000

This is an automatic notification regarding your Bug report
which was filed against the x2gobroker package:

#140: x2gobroker: agent-query-mode in sessionprofiles ignored

It has been closed by Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
X2Go Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#140: x2gobroker: agent-query-mode in sessionprofiles ignored
From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
To: Anders Bruun Olsen <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2013 18:42:21 +0100

close #140
thanks

Hi Anders,

Mike

-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31

freeBusy:

Subject: x2gobroker: agent-query-mode in sessionprofiles ignored
From: Anders Bruun Olsen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 15:22:52 +0100

Package: x2gobroker
Version: 0.0.0.6