Subject: Bug#1393: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#1393: sftp-server binary not found gentoo (profile 17.1)

From: Mihai Moldovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2019 11:04:31 +0200

Control: reassign -1 x2goclient

* On 6/18/19 9:12 AM, Tobias Ehrig wrote:
> Package: net-misc/x2goclient
> Version: 4.1.2.1
> 
> On Gentoo (eselect profile 17.1) the x2goclient can't find the binary
> sftp-server which is located at
> 
> /usr/lib64/misc/sftp-server
> 
> 
> Here is a patch

I was inclined to NAK this at first.

/usr/lib on a multilib Gentoo system is typically a symlink to /usr/lib64, while
on non-multilib systems, as far as I remember, it's just a normal directory
containing all library files.

The entry containing /usr/lib/misc should hence cover your use case as well. Did
the 17.1 profile remove the /usr/lib symlink? I'm currently still on 17.0, but
it looks like the whole point of 17.1 is to remove the compat symlink, so you
seem to be on the right track.

I think I'll apply a slightly modified patch that favors /usr/lib64/misc instead
(mostly because that's the more common arch now, we want to avoid calling 32-bit
binaries on 64-bit systems even if they are installed and it's highly unlikely
to have a 32-64-bit multilib system [i.e., main system 32-bit, with 64-bit as an
additional architecture]).

Mihai