Subject: Bug#1390: x2go server openGL errors are printed in high volume at less than a millisecond time-scale to the log file

From: Piotr Balwierz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2019 12:12:42 +0100

Package: x2goserver
Version: 4.1.0.3-4

Debian Buster

OpenGL error messages from gl_surface_qt.cpp (qtwebengine likely) are printed on 0.01 of a millisecond time scale (i.e. 10^5 messages per second) to a log file.
Currently my log file is 16 TB in size. This is a error log file from a single session, because https://bugs.x2go.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=923 is resolved.

$ls -la ~/.xsession-x2go*
-rw------- 1 user users 17557623775232 May  2 23:40 .xsession-x2go-mamut-errors
-rw------- 1 user users          38176 Jun 18  2018 .xsession-x2go-mamut-errors.old

The content of the file is extremely boring:
[...]
[51916:52005:0422/215628.936583:ERROR:gl_surface_qt.cpp(296)] eglCreatePbufferSurface failed and surfaceless context not available
[51916:52005:0422/215628.936597:ERROR:gl_surface_qt.cpp(303)] Requested OpenGL implementation is not supported. Implementation: 0
[51916:52005:0422/215628.936612:ERROR:gl_surface_qt.cpp(296)] eglCreatePbufferSurface failed and surfaceless context not available
[51916:52005:0422/215628.936627:ERROR:gl_surface_qt.cpp(303)] Requested OpenGL implementation is not supported. Implementation: 0
[51916:52005:0422/215628.936642:ERROR:gl_surface_qt.cpp(296)] eglCreatePbufferSurface failed and surfaceless context not available
[51916:52005:0422/215628.936656:ERROR:gl_surface_qt.cpp(303)] Requested OpenGL implementation is not supported. Implementation: 0
[...]

(ad infinitum)

I was definitely running Rstudio desktop in x2go session, but don't know if it was generating these messages.

Expected behaviour: Too quickly appearing messages from the same process should not end up in the log file. systemd-journald if I am correct has such a feature.
I am not reporting it to qtwebengine or Rstudio right now. Will do if encouraged in your comments.

Regards,
Piotr