Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#139:

From: "Gross, Christopher W. (Chris)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 12:39:25 +0000

Yes, yes, we know. The software is free. Every time anyone expresses concern with something like the, this is the argument that comes forth, which suddenly makes our concerns invalid if we don't suddenly know how to fix the problem ourselves in a language we're not familiar with. I am grateful for the software, but as a developer myself, I find that programmers are way too sensitive to criticism. Sometimes users get upset when glaring issues are put on the back burner while other, much less severe bugs are added to new releases. It's going to happen and it's a critical part of the feedback and development cycle. Never is "why don't you fix it yourself?" a proper response.

On Sep 16, 2013, at 8:24 AM, Moritz Struebe <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:

On 2013-09-16 13:38, Gross, Christopher W. (Chris) wrote:
This is very disappointing. It's been 6 months since this report was
filed (and since the last release) and even though it was acknowledged
in July, it still was not fixed in the current version. Will we be
stuck with this bug for another six months?

Filing and acknowledging bugs does not fix them. You get X2Go for free,
thus I can see no justification for you to complain. Instead of whining
you could give something back to those people who spent many hours
working on X2Go for free(!). Either by providing a patch your self or by
putting out a bounty.

Morty

--
Dipl.-Ing. Moritz 'Morty' Struebe (Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter)
Lehrstuhl für Informatik 4 (Verteilte Systeme und Betriebssysteme)
Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg
Martensstr. 1
91058 Erlangen

Tel   : +49 9131 85-25419
Fax   : +49 9131 85-28732
eMail : [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
WWW   : http://www4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/~morty