Subject: Bug#1376: Arithmetic exception error reading variable: Division by zero git20190114.1758

From: Robert Kudyba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2019 15:47:39 -0500

Package: x2goserver-4.1.0.4-0.0x2go1.0.git20190114.1758.heuler.fc29.x86_64
nx-libs-3.5.99.18-0.0build1.0.git20190208.3237.heuler.fc29.x86_64
Version: 4.1.0.4-0.0x2go1.0.git20190114.1758

git20190114.1758: Program terminated with signal SIGFPE, Arithmetic
exception error reading variable: Division by zero

Using X2Go with MATE. NIS users are impacted, local users can still login.

from /var/log/message:

Feb 15 09:19:17 ourserver /usr/bin/x2gostartagent[591]: successfully
started X2Go Agent session with ID agw-57-1550240355_stDMATE_dp32
Feb 15 09:19:18 ourserver /usr/bin/x2goruncommand[1114]: launching session
with Xsession-x2go mechanism, using STARTUP="mate-session"
Feb 15 09:19:18 ourserver /usr/bin/x2goruncommand[1116]: dbus wrapper
available as /usr/bin/dbus-run-session
Feb 15 09:19:21 ourserver gnome-keyring-daemon[1362]: couldn't access
control socket: /run/user/1201/keyring/control: No such file or directory
Feb 15 09:19:21 ourserver mate-session[1126]: WARNING: keycode1 not existent
Feb 15 09:19:21 ourserver mate-session[1126]: WARNING: keycode2 not existent
Feb 15 09:19:21 ourserver systemd[1653]: Starting Sound Service...
Feb 15 09:19:21 ourserver mate-session[1126]: WARNING: Could not launch
application 'dropbox.desktop': Unable to start application: Failed to
execute child process <E2><80><9C>dropbox<E2><80><9D> (No such file or
directory)
Feb 15 09:19:21 ourserver gnome-keyring-daemon[1362]: The SSH agent was
already initialized
Feb 15 09:19:21 ourserver gnome-keyring-daemon[1362]: The PKCS#11 component
was already initialized
Feb 15 09:19:22 ourserver gnome-keyring-daemon[1362]: The Secret Service
was already initialized
Feb 15 09:19:22 ourserver spice-vdagent[1504]: Cannot access vdagent virtio
channel /dev/virtio-ports/com.redhat.spice.0
Feb 15 09:19:22 ourserver dbus-daemon[842]: [system] Rejected send message,
2 matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.349276" (uid=1201 pid=1415
comm="/usr/bin/pulseaudio --daemonize=no ")
interface="org.freedesktop.DBus.ObjectManager" member="GetManagedObjects"
error name="(unset)" requested_reply="0" destination="org.bluez" (bus)
Feb 15 09:19:22 ourserver dbus-daemon[842]: [system] Activating service
name='org.freedesktop.problems' requested by ':1.349262' (uid=1201 pid=1490
comm="abrt-applet --gapplication-service ") (using servicehelper)
Feb 15 09:19:22 ourserver systemd[1653]: Started Sound Service.
Feb 15 09:19:22 ourserver pulseaudio[1415]: E: [pulseaudio] bluez5-util.c:
GetManagedObjects() failed: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied:
Rejected send message, 2 matched rules; type="method_call",
sender=":1.349276" (uid=1201 pid=1415 comm="/usr/bin/pulseaudio
--daemonize=no ") interface="org.freedesktop.DBus.ObjectManager"
member="GetManagedObjects" error name="(unset)" requested_reply="0"
destination="org.bluez" (bus)
Feb 15 09:19:24 ourserver kernel: traps: x2goagent[576] trap divide error
ip:55fdd31839fc sp:7fff211e8100 error:0 in nxagent[55fdd3095000+318000]
Feb 15 09:19:25 ourserver systemd[1]: Started Process Core Dump (PID
1650/UID 0).
Feb 15 09:19:25 ourserver pulseaudio[1415]: XIO:  fatal IO error 11
(Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server ":57"
Feb 15 09:19:25 ourserver pulseaudio[1415]:      after 18 requests (18
known processed) with 0 events remaining.
Feb 15 09:19:25 ourserver systemd[1653]: pulseaudio.service: Main process
exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Feb 15 09:19:25 ourserver systemd[1653]: pulseaudio.service: Failed with
result 'exit-code'.
Feb 15 09:19:25 ourserver mate-session[1126]: WARNING: Detected that
screensaver has left the bus
Feb 15 09:19:26 ourserver systemd[1653]: pulseaudio.service: Service
RestartSec=100ms expired, scheduling restart.
Feb 15 09:19:26 ourserver systemd[1653]: pulseaudio.service: Scheduled
restart job, restart counter is at 1.
Feb 15 09:19:26 ourserver systemd[1653]: Stopped Sound Service.
Feb 15 09:19:26 ourserver systemd[1653]: Starting Sound Service...
Feb 15 09:19:28 ourserver pulseaudio[1686]: W: [pulseaudio] pid.c: Stale
PID file, overwriting.
Feb 15 09:19:28 ourserver dbus-daemon[842]: [system] Rejected send message,
2 matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.349363" (uid=1201 pid=1686
comm="/usr/bin/pulseaudio --daemonize=no ")
interface="org.freedesktop.DBus.ObjectManager" member="GetManagedObjects"
error name="(unset)" requested_reply="0" destination="org.bluez" (bus)
Feb 15 09:19:28 ourserver systemd-coredump[1651]: Process 576 (x2goagent)
of user 1201 dumped core.#012#012Stack trace of thread 576:#012#0
0x000055fdd31839fc n/a (nxagent)#012#1  0x000055fdd3183ad5 n/a
(nxagent)#012#2  0x000055fdd3179c66 n/a (nxagent)#012#3  0x000055fdd30b5cc8
n/a (nxagent)#012#4  0x000055fdd3099821 n/a (nxagent)#012#5
0x00007f634ffa3413 __libc_start_main (libc.so.6)#012#6  0x000055fdd3099b5e
n/a (nxagent)
Feb 15 09:19:29 ourserver pulseaudio[1686]: E: [pulseaudio] bluez5-util.c:
GetManagedObjects() failed: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied:
Rejected send message, 2 matched rules; type="method_call",
sender=":1.349363" (uid=1201 pid=1686 comm="/usr/bin/pulseaudio
--daemonize=no ") interface="org.freedesktop.DBus.ObjectManager"
member="GetManagedObjects" error name="(unset)" requested_reply="0"
destination="org.bluez" (bus)

here's a backtrace:
Core was generated by: x2goagent -nolisten tcp -nolisten tcp -dpi 96 -D
-auth /path/to/.Xauthori'.
Program terminated with signal SIGFPE, Arithmetic exception.
#0  0x000055fdd31839fc in XkbAdjustGroup (group=<error reading variable:
Division by zero>, ctrls=ctrls at entry=0x55fdd440cd00) at xkbUtils.c:688
688     xkbUtils.c: No such file or directory.
(gdb) bt full
#0  0x000055fdd31839fc in XkbAdjustGroup (group=<error reading variable:
Division by zero>, ctrls=ctrls at entry=0x55fdd440cd00) at xkbUtils.c:688
        act = 0
#1  0x000055fdd3183ad5 in XkbComputeDerivedState (xkbi=0x55fdd4422100) at
xkbUtils.c:714
        state = 0x55fdd4422112
        ctrls = 0x55fdd440cd00
        grp = <optimized out>
#2  0x000055fdd3179c66 in ProcXkbLatchLockState (client=0x55fdd47b2930) at
xkb.c:560
        status = <optimized out>
        dev = 0x55fdd43d8870
        oldState = {group = 0 '\000', locked_group = 0 '\000', base_group =
0, latched_group = 0, mods = 0 '\000', base_mods = 0 '\000', latched_mods =
0 '\000', locked_mods = 0 '\000',
          compat_state = 0 '\000', grab_mods = 0 '\000', compat_grab_mods =
0 '\000', lookup_mods = 0 '\000', compat_lookup_mods = 0 '\000',
ptr_buttons = 0}
        newState = 0x55fdd4422112
        changed = <optimized out>
        stuff = <optimized out>
#3  0x000055fdd30b5cc8 in Dispatch () at NXdispatch.c:482
        clientReady = 0x55fdd44064a0
        result = <optimized out>
        client = 0x55fdd47b2930
        nready = <optimized out>
        icheck = 0x55fdd34e36d0 <checkForInput>
        start_tick = 0
        currentDispatch = <optimized out>
#4  0x000055fdd3099821 in main (argc=15, argv=0x7fff211e8358,
envp=<optimized out>) at main.c:353
        i = <optimized out>
        xauthfile = <optimized out>
        alwaysCheckForInput = {0, 1}

xsession error log, from a later attempt:
mate-session[16641]: WARNING: keycode1 not existent
mate-session[16641]: WARNING: keycode2 not existent
Window manager warning: Missing composite extension required for
compositingmate-session[16641]: WARNING: Could not launch application
'dropbox.desktop': Unable to start application: Failed to execute child
process â€œdropboxâ€ (No such file or directory)
Geolocation service not in use
SSH_AUTH_SOCK=/run/user/1201/keyring/ssh
Failure: Module initialization failed
SSH_AUTH_SOCK=/run/user/1201/keyring/ssh
SSH_AUTH_SOCK=/run/user/1201/keyring/ssh
Gdk-Message: 09:03:57.940: marco: Fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily
unavailable) on X server :57.

Gdk-Message: 09:03:57.941: mate-settings-daemon: Fatal IO error 2 (No such
file or directory) on X server :57.

Unable to init server: Could not connect: Connection refused

(polkit-mate-authentication-agent-1:16978): Gtk-WARNING **: 09:03:57.941:
cannot open display: :57
Gdk-Message: 09:03:57.944: mate-volume-control-applet: Fatal IO error 11
(Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server :57.

Unable to init server: Could not connect: Connection refused

(nm-applet:16974): Gtk-WARNING **: 09:03:57.945: cannot open display: :57
Unable to init server: Could not connect: Connection refused

(mate-power-manager:17041): Gtk-WARNING **: 09:03:59.505: cannot open
display: :57
Unable to init server: Could not connect: Connection refused
Unable to init server: Could not connect: Connection refused
vmware-user: could not open /proc/fs/vmblock/dev
Gdk-Message: 09:04:02.022: caja: Fatal IO error 2 (No such file or
directory) on X server :57.

Gdk-Message: 09:04:02.022: mate-session: Fatal IO error 2 (No such file or
directory) on X server :57.

** (mate-screensaver:16949): WARNING **: 09:04:02.031: Couldn't get
presence status: Message recipient disconnected from message bus without
replying
Gdk-Message: 09:04:02.033: mate-screensaver: Fatal IO error 11 (Resource
temporarily unavailable) on X server :57.

** (zeitgeist-datahub:17050): CRITICAL **: 09:04:02.040: log.vala:102:
Unable to connect to Zeitgeist: Error calling StartServiceByName for
org.gnome.zeitgeist.Engine: The connection is closed
Error creating proxy: Error calling StartServiceByName for
org.gtk.vfs.GoaVolumeMonitor: The connection is closed (g-io-error-quark,
18)

(mate-panel:16883): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: 09:04:02.041: Error while sending
AddMatch() message: The connection is closed
Error creating proxy: Error calling StartServiceByName for
org.gtk.vfs.MTPVolumeMonitor: The connection is closed (g-io-error-quark,
18)

(mate-panel:16883): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: 09:04:02.042: Error while sending
AddMatch() message: The connection is closed
Error creating proxy: Error calling StartServiceByName for
org.gtk.vfs.GPhoto2VolumeMonitor: The connection is closed
(g-io-error-quark, 18)

(mate-panel:16883): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: 09:04:02.042: Error while sending
AddMatch() message: The connection is closed
Error creating proxy: Error calling StartServiceByName for
org.gtk.vfs.AfcVolumeMonitor: The connection is closed (g-io-error-quark,
18)

(mate-panel:16883): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: 09:04:02.043: Error while sending
AddMatch() message: The connection is closed
Error creating proxy: Error calling StartServiceByName for
org.gtk.vfs.Daemon: The connection is closed (g-io-error-quark, 18)
Gdk-Message: 09:04:02.376: mate-panel: Fatal IO error 2 (No such file or
directory) on X server :57.

SELinux Troubleshooter: Applet requires SELinux be enabled to run
Unable to init server: Could not connect: Connection refused
Unable to init server: Could not connect: Connection refused
Unable to init server: Could not connect: Connection refused
Unable to init server: Could not connect: Connection refused

** (blueberry-obex-agent.py:16947): CRITICAL **: 09:04:05.296: Failed to
get connection to xfconfd: Could not connect: Connection refused
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/dnfdragora-updater", line 32, in <module>
    import dnfdaemon.client
  File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/dnfdaemon/client/__init__.py",
line 192, in <module>
    session = DBus(Gio.bus_get_sync(Gio.BusType.SESSION, None))
gi.repository.GLib.Error: g-io-error-quark: Could not connect: Connection
refused (39)
Unable to init server: Could not connect: Connection refused

(blueberry-tray.py:17042): Gtk-WARNING **: 09:04:05.610: cannot open
display: :57
Unable to init server: Could not connect: Connection refused

(evolution-alarm-notify:17015): Gtk-WARNING **: 09:04:06.303: cannot open
display: :57

(vmware-user:17085): Gtk-WARNING **: 09:04:07.405: cannot open display: :57

---

From: Ulrich Sibiller <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2019 22:54:32 +0100

Ouch... What does setxkmap -query -v 10 show outside the session and
(if possible) inside the session?

BTW: I don't see why NIS users should make a difference here
BTW2: try to avoid NIS. Today I read RHEL8 will finally drop it.

Uli

On Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 9:51 PM Robert Kudyba <[email-masked]> wrote:
> git20190114.1758: Program terminated with signal SIGFPE, Arithmetic exception error reading variable: Division by zero
>
> Window manager warning: Missing composite extension required for compositingmate-session[16641]: WARNING: Could not launch application 'dropbox.desktop': Unable to start application: Failed to execute child process â€œdropboxâ€ (No such file or directory)
> Gdk-Message: 09:03:57.940: marco: Fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server :57.
>
> Gdk-Message: 09:03:57.941: mate-settings-daemon: Fatal IO error 2 (No such file or directory) on X server :57.
>
> (polkit-mate-authentication-agent-1:16978): Gtk-WARNING **: 09:03:57.941: cannot open display: :57
> Gdk-Message: 09:03:57.944: mate-volume-control-applet: Fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server :57.
>
> (mate-power-manager:17041): Gtk-WARNING **: 09:03:59.505: cannot open display: :57
> Gdk-Message: 09:04:02.022: caja: Fatal IO error 2 (No such file or directory) on X server :57.
>
> Gdk-Message: 09:04:02.022: mate-session: Fatal IO error 2 (No such file or directory) on X server :57.
>
>
> ** (mate-screensaver:16949): WARNING **: 09:04:02.031: Couldn't get presence status: Message recipient disconnected from message bus without replying
> Gdk-Message: 09:04:02.033: mate-screensaver: Fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server :57.
>
>
> ** (zeitgeist-datahub:17050): CRITICAL **: 09:04:02.040: log.vala:102: Unable to connect to Zeitgeist: Error calling StartServiceByName for org.gnome.zeitgeist.Engine: The connection is closed
> Error creating proxy: Error calling StartServiceByName for org.gtk.vfs.GoaVolumeMonitor: The connection is closed (g-io-error-quark, 18)
>
> (mate-panel:16883): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: 09:04:02.041: Error while sending AddMatch() message: The connection is closed
> Error creating proxy: Error calling StartServiceByName for org.gtk.vfs.MTPVolumeMonitor: The connection is closed (g-io-error-quark, 18)
>
> (mate-panel:16883): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: 09:04:02.042: Error while sending AddMatch() message: The connection is closed
> Error creating proxy: Error calling StartServiceByName for org.gtk.vfs.GPhoto2VolumeMonitor: The connection is closed (g-io-error-quark, 18)
>
> (mate-panel:16883): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: 09:04:02.042: Error while sending AddMatch() message: The connection is closed
> Error creating proxy: Error calling StartServiceByName for org.gtk.vfs.AfcVolumeMonitor: The connection is closed (g-io-error-quark, 18)
>
> (mate-panel:16883): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: 09:04:02.043: Error while sending AddMatch() message: The connection is closed
> Error creating proxy: Error calling StartServiceByName for org.gtk.vfs.Daemon: The connection is closed (g-io-error-quark, 18)
> Gdk-Message: 09:04:02.376: mate-panel: Fatal IO error 2 (No such file or directory) on X server :57.
>
> ** (blueberry-obex-agent.py:16947): CRITICAL **: 09:04:05.296: Failed to get connection to xfconfd: Could not connect: Connection refused
>   File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/dnfdaemon/client/__init__.py", line 192, in <module>
> gi.repository.GLib.Error: g-io-error-quark: Could not connect: Connection refused (39)
> (blueberry-tray.py:17042): Gtk-WARNING **: 09:04:05.610: cannot open display: :57
> (evolution-alarm-notify:17015): Gtk-WARNING **: 09:04:06.303: cannot open display: :57
>
> _______________________________________________
> x2go-dev mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://lists.x2go.org/listinfo/x2go-dev

---

From: Robert Kudyba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2019 15:50:32 -0500

Apologues I forgot to reply all:
Just in SSH:
setxkbmap -query -v 10
Setting verbose level to 10
locale is C
Trying to load rules file ./rules/base...
Trying to load rules file /usr/share/X11/xkb/rules/base...
Success.
Applied rules from base:
rules:      base
model:      pc105
layout:     us
Trying to build keymap using the following components:
keycodes:   xfree86+aliases(qwerty)
types:      complete
compat:     complete
symbols:    pc+us+inet(pc105)
geometry:   pc(pc105)
rules:      base
model:      pc105
layout:     us

See screen shot for when X2Go then let me log in as NIS user but command just hangs.

As local user in X2Gono issues:
[localguy@sobolev Desktop]$ setxkbmap -query -v 10
Setting verbose level to 10
locale is C
Trying to load rules file ./rules/base...
Trying to load rules file /usr/share/X11/xkb/rules/base...
Success.
Applied rules from base:
rules:      base
model:      pc105
layout:     us
Trying to build keymap using the following components:
keycodes:   xfree86+aliases(qwerty)
types:      complete
compat:     complete
symbols:    pc+us+inet(pc105)
geometry:   pc(pc105)
rules:      base
model:      pc105
layout:     us
[localguy@sobolev Desktop]$ 

On Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 4:55 PM Ulrich Sibiller <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
Ouch... What does setxkmap -query -v 10 show outside the session and
(if possible) inside the session?

Uli

On Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 9:51 PM Robert Kudyba <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
> [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__lists.x2go.org_listinfo_x2go-2Ddev&d=DwIFaQ&c=aqMfXOEvEJQh2iQMCb7Wy8l0sPnURkcqADc2guUW8IM&r=X0jL9y0sL4r4iU_qVtR3lLNo4tOL1ry_m7-psV3GejY&m=qXbD6lVeCXGouzqYfiOFV9l798hoUEsOOWrvFXcKzbA&s=Kr4u1fpkGCC_2vhFwQoH_EJnr8zIfGzHtitP0SsU3uw&e= <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__lists.x2go.org_listinfo_x2go-2Ddev&d=DwIFaQ&c=aqMfXOEvEJQh2iQMCb7Wy8l0sPnURkcqADc2guUW8IM&r=X0jL9y0sL4r4iU_qVtR3lLNo4tOL1ry_m7-psV3GejY&m=qXbD6lVeCXGouzqYfiOFV9l798hoUEsOOWrvFXcKzbA&s=Kr4u1fpkGCC_2vhFwQoH_EJnr8zIfGzHtitP0SsU3uw&e=>

> On Feb 27, 2019, at 4:54 PM, Ulrich Sibiller <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> On Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 9:51 PM Robert Kudyba <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
>> 
>> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__lists.x2go.org_listinfo_x2go-2Ddev&d=DwIFaQ&c=aqMfXOEvEJQh2iQMCb7Wy8l0sPnURkcqADc2guUW8IM&r=X0jL9y0sL4r4iU_qVtR3lLNo4tOL1ry_m7-psV3GejY&m=qXbD6lVeCXGouzqYfiOFV9l798hoUEsOOWrvFXcKzbA&s=Kr4u1fpkGCC_2vhFwQoH_EJnr8zIfGzHtitP0SsU3uw&e= <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__lists.x2go.org_listinfo_x2go-2Ddev&d=DwIFaQ&c=aqMfXOEvEJQh2iQMCb7Wy8l0sPnURkcqADc2guUW8IM&r=X0jL9y0sL4r4iU_qVtR3lLNo4tOL1ry_m7-psV3GejY&m=qXbD6lVeCXGouzqYfiOFV9l798hoUEsOOWrvFXcKzbA&s=Kr4u1fpkGCC_2vhFwQoH_EJnr8zIfGzHtitP0SsU3uw&e=>

---

From: Orion Poplawski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2020 20:48:23 -0700

This was filed against Fedora:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1790606

And this X11 report seems relevant:
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/issues/283

-- 
Orion Poplawski
Manager of NWRA Technical Systems          720-772-5637
NWRA, Boulder/CoRA Office             FAX: 303-415-9702
3380 Mitchell Lane                       [email-masked]
Boulder, CO 80301                 https://www.nwra.com/

---

From: Ulrich Sibiller <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2020 07:22:27 +0100

Well, we have seen this in nxagent and added a check to prevent it:
https://github.com/ArcticaProject/nx-libs/commit/148eda36d486c0af019267a644c08d5e8c2f4f8b

Judging from the bug report you linked this fix is more a workaround for
another problem happening before. Will reopen the nx-libs issue...