Subject: Bug#1367: Drop update-mate-menu-x2go for MATE 1.20 (Debian) and possibly MATE 1.22 upstream

From: Mike Gabriel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2019 07:43:08 +0000

Package: x2gomatebindings
Severity: minor

In Debian unstable already now and hopefully in MATE 1.22 (to be  
released in spring 2019), MATE has become aware of being run inside an  
X2Go session.

A first adaptation measure in X2Go's MATE bindings would be to drop  
the update-mate-menu-x2go script. It injects the "Suspend X2Go" menu  
item into MATE's system menu.

Starting with the above named MATE version, this won't be required  
anymore. In fact, it would create a double "Suspend X2Go" menu item,  
because mate-panel already shows that.

The integration in MATE [1] has been done (in Debian) / will be done  
(in upstream) by the RDA shared library [2]. There also is a patch for  
mate-screensaver in the pipeline that shows a "Disconnect X2Go" button  
in MATE screensaver's dialog [3].

Greets,
Mike

[1] https://github.com/mate-desktop/mate-panel/pull/824
[2] https://github.com/ArcticaProject/librda/
[3] https://github.com/mate-desktop/mate-screensaver/pull/159
-- 

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
mobile: +49 (1520) 1976 148
landline: +49 (4354) 8390 139

GnuPG Fingerprint: 9BFB AEE8 6C0A A5FF BF22  0782 9AF4 6B30 2577 1B31
mail: [email-masked], http://das-netzwerkteam.de