Subject: Re: [X2Go-Dev] Bug#1364: MATE-Theming fails for x2gothinclient-minidesktop when installed on Debian Stretch

From: Stefan Baur <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2019 17:04:14 +0100

Am 18.01.19 um 15:05 schrieb Mike Gabriel:
>> Am 18.01.19 um 13:52 schrieb Mike Gabriel:
>>
>>> Fix has been just pushed to Git. Can you please check, if it also works
>>> on jessie? (It should, but double checking would be nice. Thanks!).
>>
>> On Jessie, it always worked - so do you want me to make sure your patch
>> didn't cause a regression?
> 
> Yes, please do the regression test on jessie. On stretch, my fix should
> work, as I use that config set on other stretch systems, too.

I can confirm that a theme gets properly applied on both jessie and
stretch now.  Both show the MATE start button.  The window decorations
and the taskbar color scheme (green for active app, greenish tint on
mouseover when minimized) are different compared to the previous
standard theme.  I've attached two screenshots from stretch showing the
effect; on jessie, it is the same.

However, I think this change is acceptable.  At least, we're not showing
the dreaded Gnome Foot any more, and are consistent across releases.

@Mihai: As it stands, we have upcoming changes for
x2gothinclient-minidesktop (this one)
x2gothinclient-usbmount
x2gothinclient-common [1]
Would it make more sense to release them as a bundle?
Or should we release them one at a time?

[1] There's a race condition in TCE-MMD-Live regarding the session
configuration file; I hope to have a fix ready either later today or
tomorrow.

Kind Regards,
Stefan Baur

-- 
BAUR-ITCS UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Baur
Eichenäckerweg 10, 89081 Ulm | Registergericht Ulm, HRB 724364
Fon/Fax 0731 40 34 66-36/-35 | USt-IdNr.: DE268653243